• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Discovery is average at very, very best. So many stupid storyline and character decisions. Plus the awful Burnham and her constant cryface "acting". The Orville S2 is so much better.

I hated the film of What We Do In The Shadows too!!

Love the Orville and I don't normally like sci-fi. Only watched it because of who wrote it

You been watching S2? The two-parter is a blinder.

Yep, watched it all.

Some good cameo appearances, including Bruce Willis as a talking plant!

Discovery is average at very, very best. So many stupid storyline and character decisions. Plus the awful Burnham and her constant cryface "acting". The Orville S2 is so much better.

I hated the film of What We Do In The Shadows too!!

You know fuck all

Looks like I'm the only person who thought that After Life was a bit shit. Just a vehicle for Gervais to show off his mutliple ways of being offensive and then have lots of poorly drawn supporting characters tell him what a great bloke he really is despite being a twat to everyone. And I didn't find it poignant, I found it horribly mawkish.

Looks like I'm the only person who thought that After Life was a bit shit. Just a vehicle for Gervais to show off his mutliple ways of being offensive and then have lots of poorly drawn supporting characters tell him what a great bloke he really is despite being a twat to everyone. And I didn't find it poignant, I found it horribly mawkish.
You're not the only one [emoji6]

Exactly as I saw the trailer.

Totally agree. There were posters on here proclaiming it to be the greatest thing they had ever seen and I thought I must have tuned in to a different show once I watched it. It was a complete ego trip for Gervais, with the bits set in the Newspaper office just a total re-hash of The Office.

It wasn't a terrible show, but it wasn't great either.

You are heartless and blind then...

Although very soon this forum will be having a massive weekly wank over Game of Thrones and I will join the small % of people who are best represented by the Alan Partridge shrug gif

You are heartless and blind then...

Yeah, I can't understand anyone not finding it moving! I loved it.

Although very soon this forum will be having a massive weekly wank over Game of Thrones and I will join the small % of people who are best represented by the Alan Partridge shrug gif

Only for about 6 weeks - and luckily for you lot who don't watch it, there's a dedicated thread.....

In other news, the new Line of Duty has been AWESOME so far. Such a consistently brilliant programme.

Only for about 6 weeks - and luckily for you lot who don't watch it, there's a dedicated thread.....

Just to be clear I was using standard OTT forum speak for a show I have zero interest in rather than having a pop at those who like the show.

I'm sure the wankest will continue with the 5000 spin off shows being planned though...

Heard that it was both moving and funny, that it would have you crying one minute, laughing the next. I laughed in places, but it certainly didn't move me to tears.Overall. I enjoyed it, certainly not the worst prog I've watched since I've been back.... and I could name a few.

It was a decent enough show but in no way deserves the fawning over that it got on here. You can't blame these people, they loved the latest Alan Partridge series so their lack of taste in TV shows is bordering on a disability.

Totally agree. The points he tried to make were obvious and made with the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

In other news, the new Line of Duty has been AWESOME so far. Such a consistently brilliant programme.

Agree with this - still trying to work out who is on which side though

Just started rewatching 'Band of Brothers' on Pick TV. Enjoyed it the first time & as good this time

Band of Brothers is the best TV drama ever made. Yes, I think it's better than Game of Thrones.

Band Of Brothers is amazing and started on Pick tonight.

Yeah, I can't understand anyone not finding it moving! I loved it.

Line of Duty great so far, but have got a nagging feeling this might be one series too far in terms of storylines becoming too far-fetched, hope not. Also the BBC have clearly given up trying to disguise the fact that it is filmed in and around Belfast.

Back