• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Thought I'd give After Life a go seeing as folks on here and Facebook have been fawning over it. I went in feeling a bit sceptical about it, but it's very good indeed. A massive range of emotions from one scene to the next and Gervais' performance in particular is superb. Beautifully written - I've only seen the first 2 episodes so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Thought I'd give After Life a go seeing as folks on here and Facebook have been fawning over it. I went in feeling a bit sceptical about it, but it's very good indeed. A massive range of emotions from one scene to the next and Gervais' performance in particular is superb. Beautifully written - I've only seen the first 2 episodes so I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

The last 5 mins of episode 5 are a fucker for your emotions

The last 5 mins of episode 5 are a fucker for your emotions

Well being a tough manly man that I am, I've not once had a lump in my throat at any point during those first two episodes. Not once. At all. Honest.

I really want to watch it, but not sure I'll be able to - I'm such a wuss at watching stuff like this on TV. I'll be blubbing like a baby.

I really want to watch it, but not sure I'll be able to - I'm such a wuss at watching stuff like this on TV. I'll be blubbing like a baby.

Its ok because when it gets a bit emotional Gervais springs you out of it with lines like telling someone he will be spending his weekend raping himself to death or calling a school kid a fat ginger cunt

Well being a tough manly man that I am, I've not once had a lump in my throat at any point during those first two episodes. Not once. At all. Honest.

You will fly through the rest of the series then...

I might go back and watch it again this weekend. What a show.

I might go back and watch it again this weekend. What a show.

For your sanity, start watching it at 7.55 on Saturday (be nice for you to hear the c-bomb and it not being directed at you during a Wolves game...)

Last edited:
We finished it last night. Superb series that deserves all the accolades that it gets. Gervais, I thought, played the role brilliantly. Got the emotion and humour just about spot on in every scene.

American Gods has started again. Good telly.

One of the few things I've started watching and didn't finish, had absolutely no idea what the fuck was supposed to be going on.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first season, but then I had read the book, which I also recommend.

One of the few things I've started watching and didn't finish, had absolutely no idea what the fuck was supposed to be going on.

Yeah, it's a bit weird. Legion is pretty similar in that respect.

Just watched Ed Stafford's '60 days on the streets' on catch up - sobering. Though there are clearly some who don't really want to come off or who are not revealing the totality of their practices. Some clearly do though.

Given that we are one of the richer nations inn the world why are we fussing about getting people up North or across London a bit quicker at enormous cost (or any other number of initiatives that have cost money - Boris and the Garden Bridge you should be ashamed - with no benefit) before dealing with this!

Have interacted with one or two in Wolverhampton (not so much down here as we are a very small town in Dorset & the only one locally I've not seen for some months) - not going to give them money as no idea what that goes on, but will provide them with some sustenance.

I only give money to one chap who normally sits outside Sainsbury's in Wolves until he gets moved on. He seems genuinely a nice guy.

Now, Crossrail I get but HS2 is a complete waste of time and money.

There was swearing on Star Trek Discovery. I'm shocked and appalled!

I only give money to one chap who normally sits outside Sainsbury's in Wolves until he gets moved on. He seems genuinely a nice guy.

Now, Crossrail I get but HS2 is a complete waste of time and money.

Crossrail could be accepted if it hadn't cost a load more than it was originally proposed to do. HS2 would fully agree with.

Did have a bit of interaction with a bloke who bedded down in the covered area before the underpass to the station area, but not seen him since they closed that off.

Abducted in plain sight.

What the actual fuck. Really.

Back