• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Yeah, I agree she's not particularly funny. She'd get it tho..... :whistle:

My partner is a woman, how can I be sexist? Bad day at the office. I think it's part of the world we live in to panic when someone calls you something-ist. I'm really not. But things I say might come across like that and so I should try to change that.

Yeah, coz no sexists have girlfriends/wives?!

For the record, I don't suddenly think you're a massive misogynist pig or whatever. I just feel the need to call out casual and lazy everyday sexism that women still have to endure on a daily basis.

Yeah, coz no sexists have girlfriends/wives?!

For the record, I don't suddenly think you're a massive misogynist pig or whatever. I just feel the need to call out casual and lazy everyday sexism that women still have to endure on a daily basis.

"How can I be racist, my best friend is black", no?

Thought you might pick up that I was firing a joke back at you for yours.

I think you could be right there.

Well that was random.

Back on topic, this series of Star Trek Discovery is flipping great.

Good to see everyday sexism is alive and well on International Womens Day :/
I reckon all the birds that helped organise this should get a pat on the bottom.

@machin05, it's pinched from Viz.

Afternoon off so have watched the latest offering from Ricky Gervais on Netflix - After Life.

Wouldn't call it a comedy (even if it is packed with comedy actors), although there is a fair amount of funny moments and he takes every opportunity to drop the c bomb but it is a superbly written take on how losing a loved one can change a person and how they deal with grief and goes further on depression, suicide and suicidal thoughts than any show I have seen. For me it is a piece of brilliance.

Last night I watched season 1 of Derry Girls. A decentish comedy set in the 90's during the troubles in Ireland and has a superb soundtrack but the end of season 1 was one of those moments where comedy touches on real life and in this case the impact of the IRA. Flipping between shots of the teens having a laugh at a school talent comp and the adults back home stood in horror as they watch the latest report on a bomb blast was a great bit of TV. Not quite the end of Blackadder goes Forth but a similar feel.

Well that was random.

Back on topic, this series of Star Trek Discovery is flipping great.

I don't know where you're up to but the episode shown last night in the US started with a "Previously on..." section comprised of footage from the original series, which I thought was pretty good.

I don't know where you're up to but the episode shown last night in the US started with a "Previously on..." section comprised of footage from the original series, which I thought was pretty good.
I'm one behind, hopefully be watching that one tomorrow. Really enjoying it so far, it's kinda like a cross of the original series with DS9.

It's on Netflix so it airs the same time everywhere, not just the US.

We've just finished watching the Michael Jackson documentary. My god, it is horrific.

I initially didn't want to watch it because I knew how graphic it was but I am glad I did as I now know how much of a sick fuck he was. There is surely no way you can watch it and still have any doubts as to whether he was a paedophile.

Hopefully this will be the beginning of the end of his legacy.

Watched After Life, the latest Gervais offering. Pretty decent.

Baptiste is good, really enjoying it. And season 3 of True Detective.

After Life. That was a tough watch - very relatable and each & every episode gave me a lump in my throat multiple times. Probably one of the only shows I’ve seen where I felt like that and full on belly laughed a few moments later.

Gervais does it again. Would highly recommend.

Very much looking forward to finding time to watch American Gods s2. Loved the book and really enjoyed the first one. Albeit took a little while to get the image of Lovejoy out of my head watching Ian McShane...

Back