• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched the first Umbrella Academy, also unsure. Bit too reminiscent of Heroes for me. Will go for a few more.
Binged Russian Doll at the weekend, 8x30 minutes so very easy to do so. Groundhog Day (which I loved) comparisons are inevitable, but it's so much more. Fantastic performance by Natasha Lyonne as the lead. Took me ages to recognise her from American Pie...

Watched the first Umbrella Academy, also unsure. Bit too reminiscent of Heroes for me. Will go for a few more.
Binged Russian Doll at the weekend, 8x30 minutes so very easy to do so. Groundhog Day (which I loved) comparisons are inevitable, but it's so much more. Fantastic performance by Natasha Lyonne as the lead. Took me ages to recognise her from American Pie...

It's when the other guy came into it I lost interest. Didn't grab me at all.

She also has a big part in Orange is the New Black btw.

It's when the other guy came into it I lost interest. Didn't grab me at all.

She also has a big part in Orange is the New Black btw.

Funny, as I thought the introduction of Alan(?) really brought a new lease of life and added a interesting new element to the story. Thought it was in danger of becoming a bit stale before they did that. Really good series, overall.

I thought it was pretty decent, an easy show to binge watch. I wish the ending would have made for a second season, but I can't see how the writers would pick up from where season one ended.

Jordan Peele's 'Weird City' has been pretty disappointing so far. One good episode and three bad ones. It's like Peele was asked to come up with a Black Mirror script but was only given 10 minutes to write it.

Just started watching Breaker-Upperers.

Quirky, Kiwi, entertaining. I think I rather like it.

Flicked over to Masterchef and some lad chopped the end of his finger off and had to be sent to hospital!!

Ouch!

For anybody who watched Sons of Anarchy, the spinoff Mayans MC is on iPlayer. It's a slow burner but is worth the wait. Superb.

Blimey. Two really good episodes of Star Trek this week.

First Discovery with easily the best episode of the show yet, and then The Orville (which is basically classic TNG style Trek) with the first of a two-parter that really kicks off BIG time!

If you're a Trek fan and you don't watch The Orville, then you really should.

Been watching The Orville from the start. I do enjoy it and it really is an homage to the original, there is just enough MacFarlane style humour in it to keep us 'non Treckies' interested.

Watched 4 episodes of The Umbrella Academy and I like it so far.

I've kinda stalled on it. I've been busy but I could've made time if I'd have really wanted to.

My favourite character is Hazel.

Very late to the party for this one, but last night my better half suggested we watch an episode of Black Mirror - I've not seen them all so she said she'd choose one of those I hadn't watched. She recommended Nosedive, starring Bryce Dallas Howard. I thought it was absolutely brilliant - one of the best Black Mirror episodes I've seen, made all the better with the excellent soundtrack playing over the top.

I think MetalHead was my favourite from that series. Such a good show.

I think MetalHead was my favourite from that series. Such a good show.

Actually, that was the season after I think (not that it matters as the episodes have nothing to do with eachother!). Nosedive was the first Netflix one, wasn't it? San Junipero in that series was brilliant. Might have to treat myself to a rewatch of them.

Thought Umbrella Academy was OK, U liked it enough that I would watch again if there's another series I suppose. Couple of episodes where it just felt like they were filling time though

Actually, that was the season after I think (not that it matters as the episodes have nothing to do with eachother!). Nosedive was the first Netflix one, wasn't it? San Junipero in that series was brilliant. Might have to treat myself to a rewatch of them.

There are so many great black mirror episodes, from the last series I remember USS Callister and Black Museum being excellent in particular.

Blimey. Two really good episodes of Star Trek this week.

First Discovery with easily the best episode of the show yet, and then The Orville (which is basically classic TNG style Trek) with the first of a two-parter that really kicks off BIG time!

If you're a Trek fan and you don't watch The Orville, then you really should.
You watching this online? I only have freeview. I keep meaning to try watching some star trek, as it appears to be on the horror channel. But there ain't enough hours in the day, and I don't pay sufficient attention to when it is on.

A bit like only connect, which I keep missing.

Back