• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I don't think I have ever seen an episode of Cheers. It was just before my time.

Friends and Seinfeld are the two I loved.

Cheers is ace.

You see a lot of the Friends style story lines in that but there is a link with James Burrows on the 2 shows. Some brilliant characters

I am trying to watch Seinfeld at the moment on Amazon but struggling to get along with it. I really really really hate the stand up bits that start/end the show to set up and finish what the episode is about. The stuff he does as the stand up in those bits are really really shit and not funny

Cheers is ace.

You see a lot of the Friends style story lines in that but there is a link with James Burrows on the 2 shows. Some brilliant characters

I am trying to watch Seinfeld at the moment on Amazon but struggling to get along with it. I really really really hate the stand up bits that start/end the show to set up and finish what the episode is about. The stuff he does as the stand up in those bits are really really shit and not funny

The crazy guy turned out to be a massive racist too. That certainly puts the dampeners on someones comedic credentials.

The crazy guy turned out to be a massive racist too. That certainly puts the dampeners on someones comedic credentials.

What have I missed here? Linkage to said racist shizzle if you have any

Never really got Seinfeld when it was first on. Might need to try again. It just struck me as really smug.

What have I missed here? Linkage to said racist shizzle if you have any
Went nuts during some standup gig. I'll see if I can find it later.

Would say that would damage his career but "Richards career has consisted of giving interviews for Seinfeld DVD compilations" not much to damage really

Recently started watching 2 Doors Down on the beeb, I shouldn't really like it, its quite old fashioned and terribly stereotypical, but the characters and situations just make me laugh

I know Clarkson and Co are not to everyones taste with their outdated views on what is banter etc but every now and again they show they can be serious and put together something brillinat. Richard Hammond's piece on Jim Clark in this weeks Grand Tour is one of those moments.

I know Clarkson and Co are not to everyones taste with their outdated views on what is banter etc but every now and again they show they can be serious and put together something brillinat. Richard Hammond's piece on Jim Clark in this weeks Grand Tour is one of those moments.

I enjoyed the Columbia Special, part 1 & 2. Thought that was entertaining, some great scenery, and finding the hippos at the end was a good finish to the show.

But, and it's a big but, I can't stand JC. He spoils it with his fucking voice, mannerisms, jeans and navy cardigans, and his unfunny Clarksonisms. He's very much like Marmite.

Just watched this. Superb.

OOO - I might watch that later on tonight then. Jim Clark was a God so I really look forward to seeing how they approach the subject.

Going to watch it after I demolish a fuck load of roast lamb in a bit, and before we watch Endeavour later.

It's the very last segment of the show. Starts about 3/4 of the way through.

I've only watched the first 15 minutes of the new True Detective series and I love it already.

The last one was so shit I gave up after 2 episodes.

Like the Senna movie, it's something I cannot watch.

It was really well done. And I enjoyed it. An excellent piece.

The Senna movie is one of the most difficult things for me. It is a brilliant BRILLIANT piece of cinema. It always will be. But it is the most distressing thing to watch. Every time I have watched it, I have ended up in floods.

Back