• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

What's WRONG with you lot?! It was fucking ace.

The River on Allfour.

Norwegian drama involving murder, spying, nasty Russians and lots of great scenery and some great story twists.

Excellent.

What's WRONG with you lot?! It was fucking ace.

I get to live that shit everytime there's an insect in our house.

Other half goes apeshit trying to catch or kill it while I sit there not giving a fuck, it's boring enough to experience without having to watch other people do it for an hour on the TV too.

Schitt's Creek. I didn't really want to like this. The premise is a bit crap and the characters should be completely unlikeable but... actually it's pretty good. Not mind blowing, but really easy to blow through four or five episodes in a sitting without getting bored.

A Slow Odyssey:the Great Wall of China on BBC4

In theory this should be mind numbing, but the lack of any irritating commentary (and presenters who feel the need to dress up in character) or irrelevant background music enhanced this

One & a half hour journey down 2500 miles of the wall with just the wind noise & overlaid word info was really well done.

Surprisingly the most evocative bits were not the 'fully restored' stone built sections that most of us will have seen on film (or even in person), but the more remote areas where it got to the earthwork walls (some over 7 metres tall) & walled towns as it reached out into the Gobi Desert.

An undertaking that is staggering to contemplate with the earliest elements having been started 2500 yrs ago.

Russian Doll on Netflix is decent, saw the whole series in one sitting.

Looks like a really crap version of Groundhog Day.

A Slow Odyssey:the Great Wall of China on BBC4

In theory this should be mind numbing, but the lack of any irritating commentary (and presenters who feel the need to dress up in character) or irrelevant background music enhanced this

One & a half hour journey down 2500 miles of the wall with just the wind noise & overlaid word info was really well done.

Surprisingly the most evocative bits were not the 'fully restored' stone built sections that most of us will have seen on film (or even in person), but the more remote areas where it got to the earthwork walls (some over 7 metres tall) & walled towns as it reached out into the Gobi Desert.

An undertaking that is staggering to contemplate with the earliest elements having been started 2500 yrs ago.
Yep. Thoroughly enjoyable. So was the Ghan shown a few weeks ago.

The TV Version of Hanna started on Amazon a couple of nights ago. Seems promising but if it follows the plot of the film too closely it'll be a shame as I only saw the film a few weeks ago.

Russian Doll on Netflix is decent, saw the whole series in one sitting.

Got through an episode and a half before switching back to rewatching Luther.
The main character really got on my tits.
And anyway, I hate Russian dolls - so full of themselves!

I know it's not cool to like Friends and a few people on here hate it but I don't care,

Just put those morons on ignore...

In a couple of weeks time I will be sitting in Central Perk at the WB Studios in LA...genuinely over excited about that.

Interesting article about Friends from the viewpoint of some of the minor characters.

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2019/feb/06/jennifer-aniston-cried-lap-inside-story-friends

I know it's not cool to like Friends and a few people on here hate it but I don't care, I have always found it really funny. Even now I can still laugh at it despite knowing every joke.

It does make me feel very old though that it is 25 years since it first aired!

I LOVE friends, although it seems to have finally become a bit dated in the last year or so. I'm just too woke to watch it now.

Just put those morons on ignore...

In a couple of weeks time I will be sitting in Central Perk at the WB Studios in LA...genuinely over excited about that.

I don't blame you for being over excited. I'd go into proper superfan mode!

I don't love Friends like I love Cheers and Frasier (having a beer in the Cheers bar in Boston was one of my life's highlights) but it's a good show and still watchable after all this time.

Back