• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The two part Waco documentary on BBC4 is excellent. Really fascinating stuff. Interesting that nearly all of the Davidians who survived still regard David Koresh as an incarnation of God. Their faith hasn't been shaken at all and they all wish they'd remained in the building with the other while it burnt. The FBI and other US government agencies really don't come out of it very well.

I watched part 1 last night and will watch the 2nd part tonight. I too was surprised by how many surviving members still believed in David Koresh and everything that he had told them.

Binged on 'You' on Netflix this week. It's pretty good, although undeniably creepy. There are plenty of plot twists to keep you on your toes, and that makes up for the fact that no-one is remotely likeable.

Worth a watch though.
Added to my list...

Anyone watched Orphan Black? Found it on Netflix and watched the first 3, it's pretty good.

I started it but got bored after a couple of episodes.

Killing Eve and Line Of Duty are the big ones for me.

Both class. LoD is probably the best British drama ever made.

Anyone watched Orphan Black? Found it on Netflix and watched the first 3, it's pretty good.

Watched a season or 2 then it got a bit... hard to follow!

Both class. LoD is probably the best British drama ever made.

The UK does a good Police Drama, LoD, Luther, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, Wire In The Blood, Ripper St, Life On Mars, The Fall, Prime Suspect, Silent Witness, A Touch of Frost, Ashes to Ashes, Rebus......can't think of anymore....

I guess so but I don't remember it that well. The Sweeney can be in there as well.

The Rebus programmes really annoyed me. I own every single book in the series, they messed it up completely. First up by casting John Hannah when he was far too young for the role and then even when they fixed it with Ken Stott (who played it very well), they'd run 2-3 books together into one story so it made no sense, missed out critical details, set up relationships all wrong.

STOP GETTING REBUS WRONG

I think I've read pretty much all the Rebus books and they quite similar to tbh.

Nah, they were all over the place.

Ian Rankin bought the rights back from STV with good cause.

The UK does a good Police Drama, LoD, Luther, Happy Valley, Broadchurch, Wire In The Blood, Ripper St, Life On Mars, The Fall, Prime Suspect, Silent Witness, A Touch of Frost, Ashes to Ashes, Rebus......can't think of anymore....

The Vice, Morse, Waking the Dead, DCI Banks, Unforgotten, Marcella; Trial and Retribution, No Offence

The Rebus programmes really annoyed me. I own every single book in the series, they messed it up completely. First up by casting John Hannah when he was far too young for the role and then even when they fixed it with Ken Stott (who played it very well), they'd run 2-3 books together into one story so it made no sense, missed out critical details, set up relationships all wrong.

STOP GETTING REBUS WRONG

Rebus fans might enjoy the DS Logan Mcrae books by Stuart Macbride....very similar but worth a look

I've started watching the series Knightfall, watched the first 3 episodes in one night. Love it.

Manhunt over the last 3 nights has been more than decent - the hunt for the killer of Amelie Delagrange in Twickenham - Levi Bellfield (who was finally also convicted of killing Milly Dowler)

Lived, worked & had relatives over that whole area at that time

Sex Education on Netflix is a tremendous series. Plus it has Saint Gillian of Anderson in it...

Back