• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Loved it. Agreed on Grayson but I actually thought Bain came across quite well - looked like he cared. His main balls up was going all out for Coleman who talked a good game but had a penchant for shit or injured players.

Agree with this, great series.

The most painful bit for me was the fans Q&A down a local pub with Grayson, Bain, a couple of other staff members and players. They clearly have no idea how to stop the rot and it all seems so awkward.

I loved how it was clearly meant to be a documentary about a team recovering from relegation but it becomes a total car crash!

A new Black Mirror has landed on Netflix and apparently it's an interactive/choose your own adventure style experience. I fucking love Charlie Brooker and Black Mirror anyway, but my expectation levels for this have just gone stratospheric!

Agree with this, great series.

The most painful bit for me was the fans Q&A down a local pub with Grayson, Bain, a couple of other staff members and players. They clearly have no idea how to stop the rot and it all seems so awkward.

I loved how it was clearly meant to be a documentary about a team recovering from relegation but it becomes a total car crash!

Surprised they agreed to it tbh - once bitten twice shy and all that. Still, if life has taught me one lesson it's that Sunderland like to repeat their mistakes.

Has anyone watched Sunderland til I die on Netflix? Excellent behind the scenes documentary following them last season.
Some really interesting insights - I never knew how shit Simon Grayson was, absolutely terrible man manager- even texts one of his goalkeepers 15 mins before a game to tell him he's been dropped.

And the CEO Martin Bain is even worse, talk about a smarmy prick, talks about his watch collection while the club are struggling on a shoe string budget. And of course shows them whomping us on the last day of the season.

I couldn't give a shit about Sunderland but it was a great show.

Will take a look at that later

Been watching Travelers on Netflix. Awesome show, rattled through 3 series in 6 days.

Been watching Travelers on Netflix. Awesome show, rattled through 3 series in 6 days.

Just watched my first of this (started at Series 1 episode 1 as that seemed a sensible place)

Confusing as buggery to start with though the premise starting to reveal itself towards the end & no doubt will do more so as it progresses. None of the characters have really resonated yet, but there is enough there to continue with & see where it goes./

It's worth sticking with, does go a bit wierd midway through the second series.

Just watched my first of this (started at Series 1 episode 1 as that seemed a sensible place)

Confusing as buggery to start with though the premise starting to reveal itself towards the end & no doubt will do more so as it progresses. None of the characters have really resonated yet, but there is enough there to continue with & see where it goes./

Stick with it!

The Bros documentary on iPlayer is a work of genius. If it wasn't real it would be up there with the very best of Partridge.

Stick with it!

Watched the next 2 last night (well I say watched, but think that I ended up taking a catnap & missing the last 15 mins of Ep 2 & the same amount at the start of Ep 3) - none of this has helped my understanding of WTF is going on

I'm missing tomorrow's a I'm out so I've decided to watch all four at the weekend!

A new Black Mirror has landed on Netflix and apparently it's an interactive/choose your own adventure style experience. I fucking love Charlie Brooker and Black Mirror anyway, but my expectation levels for this have just gone stratospheric!

This is great. It works on so many different levels. It does mess with your head a bit though and the interactive bit was genuinely stressful. Will need repeated viewings to go through the different story options though apparently there are millions of different permutations.

This is great. It works on so many different levels. It does mess with your head a bit though and the interactive bit was genuinely stressful. Will need repeated viewings to go through the different story options though apparently there are millions of different permutations.
Yeah, I really enjoyed it but the missus wasn't keen. She's not a fan of being asked questions! I don't think it was quite as natural, immersive and escapist as Black Mirror at its best as it seemed just a touch too contrived and I just spent every scene waiting for the prompt. Still some brilliant scenes tho and very clever story telling by Brooker yet again.

There's apparently 5 hours worth of different paths you can take!

Yeah, I really enjoyed it but the missus wasn't keen. She's not a fan of being asked questions! I don't think it was quite as natural, immersive and escapist as Black Mirror at its best as it seemed just a touch too contrived and I just spent every scene waiting for the prompt. Still some brilliant scenes tho and very clever story telling by Brooker yet again.

Yeah, I'd agree. It's clever and inventive and experimental rather than being a brilliantly written story.

Binged on 'You' on Netflix this week. It's pretty good, although undeniably creepy. There are plenty of plot twists to keep you on your toes, and that makes up for the fact that no-one is remotely likeable.

Worth a watch though.

The two part Waco documentary on BBC4 is excellent. Really fascinating stuff. Interesting that nearly all of the Davidians who survived still regard David Koresh as an incarnation of God. Their faith hasn't been shaken at all and they all wish they'd remained in the building with the other while it burnt. The FBI and other US government agencies really don't come out of it very well.

Back