• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The Last Kingdom. Watched 1 & 2 and equally enjoying the 3rd.

Annoyed that they have moved this so may have to sign up for Netflix

What is the cost? Their main page is just showing a free month, but trying to hide the ongoing cost if you don't cancel before it ends - clearly trying to suck me in without revealing what I will have to spend (probably there somewhere, but I have better things to do than search for ages before I find to full terms & conditions!)

I pay £9.99 for a 4k subscription. There are cheaper options, but once you go 4k you don't go back!

Annoyed that they have moved this so may have to sign up for Netflix

What is the cost? Their main page is just showing a free month, but trying to hide the ongoing cost if you don't cancel before it ends - clearly trying to suck me in without revealing what I will have to spend (probably there somewhere, but I have better things to do than search for ages before I find to full terms & conditions!)

I pay £9.99 for a 4k subscription. There are cheaper options, but once you go 4k you don't go back!

Clearly don't have better things to do as have managed to find out the price options (well it has been pissing down with rain & cold down here all day today!)

As I don't have devices that will display HD or above, will possibly start with a basic subscription at roughly half that price to see how it goes. What you haven't had you won't know that you have missed (suspect that they will be happy for you to upgrade anyway)

Anyone watch Blood on ch5 last week? Downloaded them to watch in my iPad, but not sure now.

Nah, I gave up after the end of the last season as it was borderline unwatchable.

Can you summarise what's happened for me using spoiler tags? Anyone important died?

It’s got better - still pretty annoying in places though, but I have too much time invested to stop!

How do I do spoiler tags? :D

It’s got better - still pretty annoying in places though, but I have too much time invested to stop!

How do I do spoiler tags? :D

When you quote a post, you'll see it says
and the start and [ /QUOTE] at the end

Change the word 'QUOTE' to 'Spoiler' - at the start and end of your post.

Like this

The Last Kingdom. Watched 1 & 2 and equally enjoying the 3rd.

Is it not coming on the beeb now?

Don't think so, but certainly not this year.

Netflix paid for the production themselves so I don't see why they'd let it go terrestrial.

Signed up & just watched the first episode of series 3 - fecking brilliant (& have stopped trying to match this into the books which I have already read up to a long way past where this is now)

Really don't think that it will be coming back to the BBC - more gore in this one than the first 2 series

Got a free month initially, but think that I am likely to continue after & pay as there was a fair few other programmes that I thought look more than interesting - really there's little on Freeview that I bother with now so for £7.99 per month it's worthwhile (haven't taken the most expensive deal as have nothing I can watch Ultra HD on & could only watch on 2 bits of kit so having the option to watch on 4 is pointless).

When you quote a post, you'll see it says
and the start and [ /QUOTE] at the end

Change the word 'QUOTE' to 'Spoiler' - at the start and end of your post.

Like this

So - Rick almost died but got picked up by Jadis and flown away in a helicopter. That was episode 5 - so he’s now out of the series, but eill star in 3 twd films. Then the mid season finale, which introduced the whisperers, they killed Jesus...

I was gutted tbh, really liked that character :(

Signed up & just watched the first episode of series 3 - fecking brilliant (& have stopped trying to match this into the books which I have already read up to a long way past where this is now)

Really don't think that it will be coming back to the BBC - more gore in this one than the first 2 series

Got a free month initially, but think that I am likely to continue after & pay as there was a fair few other programmes that I thought look more than interesting - really there's little on Freeview that I bother with now so for £7.99 per month it's worthwhile (haven't taken the most expensive deal as have nothing I can watch Ultra HD on & could only watch on 2 bits of kit so having the option to watch on 4 is pointless).

The story is an amalgam of two of the books and doesn't follow the timeline at all.

Fun fact, they use the phrase "Fate is everything" because the producers were sure the American audience wouldn't know what 'inexorable' means.

Oh, and how gorgeous is Skade?!?!

Gorgeous, but clearly a real danger to your well being if you choose the wrong option with her - - probably an intense, but short lived relationship!

She was about 4 books ago, so I know what happens to her.

In the latest books, Uthred is in his 60s!

The new one is called War Of The Wolf, I think (it's upstairs and I'm too comfy to move).

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Prime.

Pretty good. And not just because it has Julia Roberts.

Nightflyers via SyFy - It's a weird one...after the first episode it could either be really good or really shite.

Basically, the Nightflyer is a space ship on the way to rendezvous for first contact with an alien race...but things start to go tits-up.

Back