• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

No she definitely wasn’t. I’ve been wondering what happens to her although I think the end to season 4 gives us an idea.

Two episodes in and the new Doctor is already streets ahead of any of Capaldi's work.

FYI - Mr Inbetween is a good 6 parter from Oz. It's about a chap who juggles being a father and boyfriend with being a hitman and hired muscle.

Watched the first couple of episodes of the Bodyguard last night to see what all the fuss was about. I thought it was pretty shit tbh. I don't normally worry too much about TV not being realistic but I this was too preposterous for me to get on with. The main man's impression of the bad terminator from Terminator 2 did amuse me though.

I enjoyed it, but found the end a bit naff. The confession, I won't say who from, explaining how everything happened was the sort of thing you would have got from a 70' crime show... all a bit lazy and convenient

I thought the Bodyguard was ok. It was entertaining enough to watch until the end despite getting more far fetched as it went on. I didn't think the ending was that great though.

Followed that up with Killing Eve which again was quite good despite being pretty unrealistic. Although, I think it was Jodie Comer that made it so watchable rather than the story line. She was brilliant in it and her character was superb.

I thought the Bodyguard was ok. It was entertaining enough to watch until the end despite getting more far fetched as it went on. I didn't think the ending was that great though.

Followed that up with Killing Eve which again was quite good despite being pretty unrealistic. Although, I think it was Jodie Comer that made it so watchable rather than the story line. She was brilliant in it and her character was superb.

Killing Eve was ace. The preposterousnesnessness of that didn't bother me at all.

Killing Eve was ace. The preposterousnesnessness of that didn't bother me at all.

most of the music seemed to be by Unloved, which was nice to hear. i think her handler was the danish detective from the original series of the bridge for anyone who's seen it.
all the acting seemed pretty good to me. it was preposterous, but no more so than a james bond or bourne movie and with more comedy so less pretentious.

Finished new season of Ozarks. I really like it. A lot going on but not tooooooo farfetched.

Salvage Hunters starts a new series tonight. Proper guilty pleasure...actually, not so guilty.

Interesting fact, Drew Pritchard is a proper shitbag in real life and is barred from every pub in his local area. He gobs off and gets laid out, generally.

Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff will be the new presenters of Top Gear, the BBC has confirmed.

The pair will take over from Matt LeBlanc, after he steps down from presenting duties at the end of the next series.

The comedian and former England cricket captain will join existing presenter and former racing driver Chris Harris to complete the new-look line-up.

What a strange mix of presenters that will be!

I've stuck with Top Gear and quite like the current line up, but there's no chance of me watching after this series.

Thought Top Gear was pretty poor after Clarkson etc but it improved a bit after Chris Evans left, I'll give the new line up a couple of shows to see what its like but tbh I think the format may have run its course...it might have to go back to being a motoring show

I won't touch it. Can't stand Flintoff, he's a playground bully and not a nice person (IMO) and McGuinness should be ashamed of himself presenting that vacuous, shallow, depraved human meat market masquerading as a game show.

If the 1st episode isn't him fitting a car alarm to a mates Volvo it can fuck off #getbackyabastard

Aye, Flintoff is a prick. For a brief period he was a hero cricket wise (not as long as he'd have you believe, not even three years) but he is a dickhead.

Not that I have any time for Top Gear anyway, they gave Clarkson and Hammond the oxygen of publicity for years and I despise the pair of them.

Watching In Bruges for the first time, it's flipping great.

Back