• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Finished the Last Kingdom ( think thats it's 7 episodes since Friday!)

Brilliant - happy to take recommendations for what comes next as am new to Netflix options.

There's so much good on Netflix.

Manhunt is well worth a watch. New Star Trek is really good if Star Trek is your thing. The Sinner too. Loads and loads more too.

Manhunt is well worth a watch. New Star Trek is really good if Star Trek is your thing. The Sinner too. Loads and loads more too.

Seeing as how I chose this first Netflix giving recommendations - Outlaw King & Roman Empire look interesting (plus have never watched Peaky Blinders which is another option)

Seeing as how I chose this first Netflix giving recommendations - Outlaw King & Roman Empire look interesting (plus have never watched Peaky Blinders which is another option)
Peaky Blinders is good, Luther is on there too. House of Cards is very good for the first couple of seasons, Breaking Bad too.

There loads and loads to watch! Boozad was always good at recommending Netflix stuff, not seen him on here for a while though.

I've really been enjoying the Good Place on Netflix, about half way through season 3.

Agreed. S3 is possibly the best one yet so far.

It's all about Better Call Saul for us at the moment. Although we've nearly finished that so we'll need something else to watch after.

I've really been enjoying the Good Place on Netflix, about half way through season 3.

Agreed. S3 is possibly the best one yet so far.

Finished season 2 last night. I think it's a bit all over the shop really. Got better in the final episode though to link into season 3.

Also watching The Crown which is pretty good.

Just tiding us over until I allow us to start watching Xmas stuff :D

Had a trawl around - starting with The Shannara Chronicles (from the books by Terry Brooks)

Have read a number of those - so far visually stunning, but characterisation & story line really not there yet (not helped by American accents - this is a story of elves/magic/demons & mutants)

Had a trawl around - starting with The Shannara Chronicles (from the books by Terry Brooks)

Have read a number of those - so far visually stunning, but characterisation & story line really not there yet (not helped by American accents - this is a story of elves/magic/demons & mutants)

Watched the first one - not sure really

Characters aren't ones you can identify with & the accents are off, plus the storyline is confused so far (though there are bits that make sense)

Visuals are very good though so will keep going for another couple to see whether this can develop - the books were engrossing so the plot is there.

I remember the Shannara books. Sort of alright. A bit sub-standard David Eddings, let alone Robert Jordan or Papa Tolkein. Might have to give it a go on the box though

I remember the Shannara books. Sort of alright. A bit sub-standard David Eddings, let alone Robert Jordan or Papa Tolkein. Might have to give it a go on the box though

The first episode I watched wasn't that great - good enough to see the second to see if it improves, but not by that much

I'm a bit late to the Peaky Blinders party, but just finished Season 2. Really enjoyed it, especially the music.

Bad Blood on Netflix is good - proper old school mafia drama set in Canada

Has anyone watched Sunderland til I die on Netflix? Excellent behind the scenes documentary following them last season.
Some really interesting insights - I never knew how shit Simon Grayson was, absolutely terrible man manager- even texts one of his goalkeepers 15 mins before a game to tell him he's been dropped.

And the CEO Martin Bain is even worse, talk about a smarmy prick, talks about his watch collection while the club are struggling on a shoe string budget. And of course shows them whomping us on the last day of the season.

I couldn't give a shit about Sunderland but it was a great show.

Has anyone watched Sunderland til I die on Netflix? Excellent behind the scenes documentary following them last season.
Some really interesting insights - I never knew how shit Simon Grayson was, absolutely terrible man manager- even texts one of his goalkeepers 15 mins before a game to tell him he's been dropped.

And the CEO Martin Bain is even worse, talk about a smarmy prick, talks about his watch collection while the club are struggling on a shoe string budget. And of course shows them whomping us on the last day of the season.

I couldn't give a shit about Sunderland but it was a great show.

Loved it. Agreed on Grayson but I actually thought Bain came across quite well - looked like he cared. His main balls up was going all out for Coleman who talked a good game but had a penchant for shit or injured players.

Back