• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I've only watched the first 15 minutes of the new True Detective series and I love it already.

The last one was so shit I gave up after 2 episodes.
Same here on Series 2. Might give 3 a go then.

Started to watch the 2nd season of Tin Star last night. That show is just fucking mental.

It's right back up their with the first series, mahershala Ali is an amazing actor.

Didn't get far with the first series of Tin Star, but been meaning to give it another go.

I still haven't taken Tim Roth off the naughty step for United Passions. That could take some time.

I liked him at first in Lie to me, then it jumped the shark, whale and anything else available and he was terrible.

He's ace in a lot of things.

But it's a question of morality. You can't play Sepp Blatter in an earnest way and get away with it.

Same here on Series 2. Might give 3 a go then.

Started to watch the 2nd season of Tin Star last night. That show is just fucking mental.

Tin Star s2 gets better as it goes on. Full on nuts and fantastic.

You didn't actually watch that did you...?

No :icon_lol:

I'm not that much of a masochist. I will do awful Wolves U23 games in the freezing cold, but not that.

The Grand Tour is fucking gash. Gave up on it last series.

tim roth is awesome in most things. Brilliant in Captives, and he stars in my favourite ever film - rosencrantz and guildenstern are dead. He's also in twin peaks.

Anyone watching the new series of Das Boot? Im really looking forward to it. I saw the original when I was 8 as my Dad had taped the extended version off the BBC and I loved it, even at that age, so for me, this re-make is a TV dream come true.

Doom Patrol and The Umbrella Academy started last night and are available on Netflix. TUA looks good and DP is bound to be good, although I haven't watched it yet.

Also, Weird City and The Miracle Workers are other new shows that are fairly good. Weird City is sort of a Twilight Zone deal.

Anyone watching the new series of Das Boot? Im really looking forward to it. I saw the original when I was 8 as my Dad had taped the extended version off the BBC and I loved it, even at that age, so for me, this re-make is a TV dream come true.

Watched the 1st one today, thought it was really good. Definitely will keep.watching.

I would have put Das Boot into the list of TV that was originally so damn near perfect that a re-make would be almost impossible and forever in its shadow by comparison.

It would be like a cover band issuing their version of Master of Puppets.

I would have put Das Boot into the list of TV that was originally so damn near perfect that a re-make would be almost impossible and forever in its shadow by comparison.

It would be like a cover band issuing their version of Master of Puppets.

So it's not a re-make as such, more a re-boot. It follows a different crew, different year and also covers a sub plot about the French resistance.

Is 'The Umbrella Academy' worth investing time in, does anybody know ?
Watched the first one and I don't know.

I've seen a few people elsewhere say it's decent.

Back