• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Not at all, I knew of it, that is all. But you are dealing with someone who likes The Smiths so...... :)

I don't like The Smiths, I love The Smiths, get it right. I could probably write more about them than I could on Dean Saunders. Although it wouldn't be as funny.

Hey i like the smiths a lot.

The Smiths are the shit. Frankly, Mr Shankly and I Started Something I Couldn't Finish are works of pure genius. A good chunk of their stuff is actually, Johnny Marr's guitar work really was first rate and Morrissey's lyrics are so underrated.

Essentially if you were in any way a fan of the show when it was on TV (and if you weren't, why the hell not) then you should get a ticket for this if you can. Absolutely outstanding. Brilliantly written, the same warmth as the series, the new cast members were good and the originals are just the same as they were. A rousing standing ovation at the end which was richly deserved.

By fucking Christ am I tired today. Led astray by people who are old enough to know better, again...
I refer my honourable friend to the statement I made earlier.

I don't like The Smiths, I love The Smiths, get it right. I could probably write more about them than I could on Dean Saunders. Although it wouldn't be as funny.
Morrissey is becoming a bit of a Dean Saunders figure in the amount of shite he comes out with nowadays.

The latest season of Better Call Saul is sublime as always. Without giving too much away, the scene between Howard and Kim (in Howard's office) is absolutely top class acting.

Got 'Bodyguard' on the planner to watch, which I believe has been getting rave reviews. Also been keeping up with the latest series of Ballers, off Sky Atlantic - which I've watched from day 1. This latest season has Russell Brand in it, playing an obnoxious, trouble making free spirit (so basically he's playing a role of himself).

Mayans MC looks like it's got potential to be as good as Sons Of Anarchy.

Jinky said:
The latest season of Better Call Saul is sublime as always. Without giving too much away, the scene between Howard and Kim (in Howard's office) is absolutely top class acting.

The whole thing is fucking brilliant, everything about it. So good to watch.

Jinky said:
Got 'Bodyguard' on the planner to watch, which I believe has been getting rave reviews.

It's OK, I'll carry on watching it now I've started but it's hardly something that I can't wait to see the next one of. Nowhere near as good as Line of Duty.

It's OK, I'll carry on watching it now I've started but it's hardly something that I can't wait to see the next one of. Nowhere near as good as Line of Duty.

Exactly what I said earlier!

Considering it’s done by the same people it just doesn’t match up. I’m not struck on Keeley Hawes though so I think that’s a big part of it.

Just watching last night’s episode and it’s not what I expected!

Yeah, last night turned it round for me, much improved.

You are very wrong on Keeley Hawes though, she very much improves anything she is in :)

I'm enjoying the bodyguard. Nowhere near as good as Line of Duty but a decent enough Sunday night bit of telly. Richard Madden's a very good actor and the PTSD angle is very well done, better than the main story.

Watched the first episode of The Bodyguard, but missed the second one - could catch up via the internet but not sure that I was engaged enough to bother.

First programme of 'Strangers' on ITV wasn't bad even if John Simm still over acts far too much

Gave that a miss, John Simm does my head in.

Don't mind Simm, he's amiable enough if a little overwrought. The program was total shite though.

She annoyed the fuck out of me in Ashes to Ashes, it was the first time I'd seen her in anything and to be honest it probably didn't help that the program was a massive let down after Life on Mars (Just about stuck Simm as the series was fucking brilliant). Never really liked her from then although she was quality in Line of Duty, I think she's pretty similar in everything else she's done so just can't buy into her characters.

Back