• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Early Doors is returning but as a Live Stage Show

early_doors_live_poster.jpg

Fucking Aces

So excited I am seeing this on Saturday....I even get a cosy weekend with Dan and Ian

Looking at the cast, the ones who are being played by different actors are Mel,Tommy & Jean (the Mum) and I presume they didn't fancy anyone else playing Eddie and Joan so have replaced them with, in the words of the Manchester Evening News, Freddie and June, Eddie and Joan soundalikes

Mega excited about this - shame that Tommy and Jean have been recast though, as they were 2 of the best characters.

The guy that played Tommy hasn't appeared in anything since 2008...so either dead or just retired. Apparently his replacement is pretty good though.

Started watching the second series of Ozark. Still good.

Started it last night. There was something about the first season I didn’t like but it got me enough to watch this season.

Weirdly, Rick and Morty gave me a new appreciation for Community (which I've been rewatching on All4), also created by Dan Harmon. Obviously it's much gentler but a lot of the humour works in the same way.

Community is fantastic. I've also been rewatching it on All4. The last few seasons don't reach the same heights as the earlier ones, but are still very watchable.

Started watching the second series of Ozark. Still good.

Also watched a few of the new Matt Groening animation Disenchantment. The first couple were really disappointing. The animation looks so clunky compared to newer stuff like Rick and Morty and the pace is so slow. It feels about 20 years out of date. The third episode was slightly better so I'll give it a few more. The Simpsons took a while to find its feet.

Talking of animation - Paradise PD is quite amusing if you like sweary, violent silly stuff.

I've seen all of Disenchantment and thought it was pretty good! I love Rick and Morty but the intellectual snobbery around it is a bit annoying.

Have you tried Final Space? I thought it was excellent.

Tom Clacy's Jack Ryan is also good, if you can get over the whole "Jim from The Office (US)" thing.

Mayans MC and The Purge (TV Series) is on the menu when I can get a couple of hours.

Also, I'm FINALLY caught up with Stranger Things - great show.

I really liked Community but find Rick & Morty stunningly unfunny.

I've seen all of Disenchantment and thought it was pretty good! I love Rick and Morty but the intellectual snobbery around it is a bit annoying.

Have you tried Final Space? I thought it was excellent.

Tom Clacy's Jack Ryan is also good, if you can get over the whole "Jim from The Office (US)" thing.

Mayans MC and The Purge (TV Series) is on the menu when I can get a couple of hours.

No, I've seen Final Space on Netflix but haven't got round to clicking on it yet. Only so many TV hours in a day!

Also, I'm FINALLY caught up with Stranger Things - great show.

I need to watch season two, don’t know why I’ve left it so long.

Got Jack Ryan on the watchlist as well, will probably watch that after Ozark season two.

So excited I am seeing this on Saturday....I even get a cosy weekend with Dan and Ian

Looking at the cast, the ones who are being played by different actors are Mel,Tommy & Jean (the Mum) and I presume they didn't fancy anyone else playing Eddie and Joan so have replaced them with, in the words of the Manchester Evening News, Freddie and June, Eddie and Joan soundalikes
I never took to this on the TV.

Watched seven episodes of Ozark season two today to finish it off and loved every minute of it. Love rainy days in front of the tele.

Enjoying the new Jack Ryan series on prime, much better than I thought it would be.

I’ll be watching that after I’ve binged Iron Fist season two.

Kenny said:
early_doors_live_poster.jpg

Essentially if you were in any way a fan of the show when it was on TV (and if you weren't, why the hell not) then you should get a ticket for this if you can. Absolutely outstanding. Brilliantly written, the same warmth as the series, the new cast members were good and the originals are just the same as they were. A rousing standing ovation at the end which was richly deserved.

By fucking Christ am I tired today. Led astray by people who are old enough to know better, again...

Is it wrong I've never heard of it...?

Back