• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Started a series called The Sinner on Netflix, it stars Jessica Biel and is pretty fucked up. I won’t put spoilers on it but the basis is a murder drama which I think is going to turn out quite grim from what I can tell.

The Sinner is really good, very very odd though.

Edit - just seen there is a season 2 too.

The Sinner is really good, very very odd though.

I’ve watched two and half episodes I think, fell asleep to it last night as I was fucked, but it does look weird so far. There’s enough keeping you wanting to know what the fuck happened though.

I’ve watched two and half episodes I think, fell asleep to it last night as I was fucked, but it does look weird so far. There’s enough keeping you wanting to know what the fuck happened though.

I think I watched 3 or 4 eps in one sitting while on a very long train journey. I started to look at the people round me very oddly by the end.

The Sinner didn't really do it for me. I did watch it through to the end but found most of the characters pretty unlikeable. I didn't really care how it ended

Maltese is worth a watch too, if you like Italian crime stuff. Was on Walters Presents / All 4.

Bloody loving Absentia. Hooked after 2 episodes.

Ooh just watched all these, thanks PPB, really enjoyed it even if Finchy out the office is in it doing a dreadful American accent.
The brother also does a terrible accent too....another Brit.

Thought I recognised the name.

Really enjoying The Sinner, watched up to episode 5 I think.

Just started Black Sails - playing so much Sea of Thieves has inspired me.

Really enjoying it - I'm about 6 episodes into the first series and it's very watchable.

Started watching the second series of Ozark. Still good.

Also watched a few of the new Matt Groening animation Disenchantment. The first couple were really disappointing. The animation looks so clunky compared to newer stuff like Rick and Morty and the pace is so slow. It feels about 20 years out of date. The third episode was slightly better so I'll give it a few more. The Simpsons took a while to find its feet.

Talking of animation - Paradise PD is quite amusing if you like sweary, violent silly stuff.

I saw the first episode of Disenchantment and thought it was a bit bollocks. Like you say, not a patch on Rick and Morty, which is magnificent.

Weirdly, Rick and Morty gave me a new appreciation for Community (which I've been rewatching on All4), also created by Dan Harmon. Obviously it's much gentler but a lot of the humour works in the same way.

Started watching the second series of Ozark. Still good.

Also watched a few of the new Matt Groening animation Disenchantment. The first couple were really disappointing. The animation looks so clunky compared to newer stuff like Rick and Morty and the pace is so slow. It feels about 20 years out of date. The third episode was slightly better so I'll give it a few more. The Simpsons took a while to find its feet.

Talking of animation - Paradise PD is quite amusing if you like sweary, violent silly stuff.

Started watching the 1st episode of Paradise PD to see what it was like and watched 6 episodes, straight! Bloody love it and there are plenty of moments where I thought "bloody hell, did they just do that?!"

Back