• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I enjoyed Santa Clarita.

I love Netflix but there's so much stuff on it now that it's really hard to settle on something to start.

I love Netflix but there's so much stuff on it now that it's really hard to settle on something to start.

That’s the trouble with me, there’s so much shit to choose from. I have to have a break now if I finish something because I keep looking for something similar which fucks me up totally and I skip stuff I’d probably enjoy otherwise.

We have all three of the digital providers, Amazon, NowTv and Netflix. They are showing season one of The Handmaid's Tale on NowTV. If you haven't seen it give it a go. Paddy finds it too disturbing to watch (the mistreatment of the women grinds his gears) but I'm fascinated as it resonates so much with what is happening on the world stage right now. Season 2 has been largely brilliant too. That's on All4 catch up at the moment.

We have all three of the digital providers, Amazon, NowTv and Netflix. They are showing season one of The Handmaid's Tale on NowTV. If you haven't seen it give it a go. Paddy finds it too disturbing to watch (the mistreatment of the women grinds his gears) but I'm fascinated as it resonates so much with what is happening on the world stage right now. Season 2 has been largely brilliant too. That's on All4 catch up at the moment.

I loved the first series. Need to get on to the second. Don't know about the second series, but the first included only things that had actually happened at some point in history somewhere in the world (as per the novel), which is pretty fucking scary.

Netflix original series called The Ranch is good. It's shot as a comedy but it's more about a family struggling to keep a ranch above water out Midwest, and has more drama than comedy. Sam Elliot is in it who is always great. Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson play his sons. The latter is great and very funny. Also has Elisha Cuthbert in it (swoon). They're only 30 min episodes so you can burn through it nice and quick too.

Also watching Impulse on YouTube Premium (signed up for the three month free trial). The first three episodes are available free.

It's set in the world of the film Jumper, where people can teleport, and follows a high school girl who is only just discovering she has this latent ability. It's really good so far. If you liked the film then you'll like this.

We have finally got round to starting The Handmaid's Tale. The scariest thing about it is how the whole concept seems a lot more plausible now than it did when I initially read the book 20 years ago!

I've also started recording Sharp Objects on Sky Atlantic. No idea if it's any good or not but the Mrs likes Amy Adams so thought she'd probably enjoy it.

The Handmaid's Tale is excellent. Creepy as fuck though. Just finished the first series.

I've also started recording Sharp Objects on Sky Atlantic. No idea if it's any good or not but the Mrs likes Amy Adams so thought she'd probably enjoy it.

I read the book, it was pretty good. Gillian Flynn wrote Dark Places and Gone Girl so if you like those kinda dark 'trouble brewing in the Mid-West' style stories, then you'll like Sharp Objects.

We have finally got round to starting The Handmaid's Tale. The scariest thing about it is how the whole concept seems a lot more plausible now than it did when I initially read the book 20 years ago!

Only the Mrs? What's wrong with you?

I’d got Sharp Objects lined up next, looks pretty decent.

Caught up with the Boby Mortimer/Paul Whitehouse fishing thing on the iPlayer last night. If you like things like the Detectorists or The Trip, I'd recommend it. Slow, sweet and funny.

Also watching Impulse on YouTube Premium (signed up for the three month free trial). The first three episodes are available free.

It's set in the world of the film Jumper, where people can teleport, and follows a high school girl who is only just discovering she has this latent ability. It's really good so far. If you liked the film then you'll like this.

Mentioned this on 15th June. I have now watched 10 episodes and it's kept me interested.

Salvation is pretty good, in a "disengage brain" sort of way. A lad works out an asteroid is going to hit earth in 6 months, etc, etc.

I want to start watching Black Sails. Because I'm a bit addicted to Sea of Thieves.

Anyone seen it? Any good?

It's....okay. Nice and violent but get's too slow in parts and some of the story arcs are blatantly filler. Give it a go.

Netflix original series called The Ranch is good. It's shot as a comedy but it's more about a family struggling to keep a ranch above water out Midwest, and has more drama than comedy. Sam Elliot is in it who is always great. Ashton Kutcher and Danny Masterson play his sons. The latter is great and very funny. Also has Elisha Cuthbert in it (swoon). They're only 30 min episodes so you can burn through it nice and quick too.

Mate I've just watched ten minutes of this and I just want you to know you're the worst human in the world! What an absolute pile of shit :icon_lol:

I'm with Del. Everyone involved should be dissolved in acid.

Back