• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

You know my thoughts on musicals!

If Linehan can create a funny, worthy end to Father Ted, I'll be delighted. But I really think they should let it go.

I will watch A Song For Ireland tonight though, seeing as you've mentioned it.

You know my thoughts on musicals!

If Linehan can create a funny, worthy end to Father Ted, I'll be delighted. But I really think they should let it go.

I will watch A Song For Ireland tonight though, seeing as you've mentioned it.

They had an ending they could never do so I guess it has been eating away at him and Arthur Matthews (thats the name of the co-writer isn't it?) and they have found a way of getting it done. Enough time has passed for the main characters to be replaced as well.

A Musical done to comedy can be superb.....a normal musical I share your views though. I will go and see it although they better not do an Early Doors and announce "We are only doing a few weeks at the Lowry then that is that....oh ticket sales were good so we are now taking it on a UK Tour"

Would want to watch it just to see what the could do with Father Jack & who the feck else would play that :icon_lol:

I binged 'killing eve' the other day, was a fab crime thriller

Ah come on..its the only proper way he could do it. A TV Show with someone else as Ted wouldn't work and added bonus of the more musically brilliance like My Lovely Horse.
If he does the musical in a similar style as the Producers it will be good

This. Neil Hannon will probably do the music which will no doubt be brilliant/hilarious.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Goliath while the rest of the family disappeared to Love Island. Pretty good.
Watched the first episode yesterday - I like it, looks like being a very watchable series.

Watched the first episode yesterday - I like it, looks like being a very watchable series.

I'm a few more in now. Billy Bob Thornton is ace in it, as is the real estate lawyer he working with. I'm less convinced by the rest of cast and it's all a bit uneven. But it's very watchable, like you say. Think I'll stick with it rather than Love Island anyway!

I'll have to give that a whirl, I've finished everything I was watching and was a bit stuck on what to go for next. It was between that and Startup.

Watched Frankie Boyle's pre-World Cup Russia thing last night - very good, and very funny. Like a sweary Michael Palin.

I picked up a NowTV entertainment pass for £1 for a month. The whole GoT series are on there along with Billions.

I'm a few more in now. Billy Bob Thornton is ace in it, as is the real estate lawyer he working with. I'm less convinced by the rest of cast and it's all a bit uneven. But it's very watchable, like you say. Think I'll stick with it rather than Love Island anyway!

Few more in now too and still enjoying it. Proper 'fuck me' moment at the end of ep 2.

Few more in now too and still enjoying it. Proper 'fuck me' moment at the end of ep 2.

Yeah, that was awesome!

Finished it now. Enjoyed it a lot. I really liked the real estate lawyer character - no fucks left unspoken by her.

Started Goliath last night and was hooked from the first episode. Got half way through episode 2 but had to hit the sack as I was dropping off. It looks brilliant though.

The end of episode 5 of Goliath was a bit weird, brilliant series though. Billy Bob Thornton is top drawer.

Just started watching 'Impulse' about a girl who is learning she can teleport.

Have watched 3 episodes up to now and looking forward to the next.

The interesting TV/Stream thread

Just wondering how many of you enjoy the 12 Monkeys series? I think it is brilliant. Discuss if your interested....

Back