• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

There are, it's very watchable but is total throwaway TV.

Finished Altered Carbon. If you haven’t seen it, watch it, it’s absolutely brilliant.

Deep State is staying decent despite the holey plot and wooden lead acting.

Lucifer is back on the telly, I know it's trash but I still like it :)

Finished Altered Carbon. If you haven’t seen it, watch it, it’s absolutely brilliant.

Deep State is staying decent despite the holey plot and wooden lead acting.

I watched AC when it was first out. I wanted to like it more than I did. Visually great and good fun but the storyline was a bit of a mess and some of the acting was pretty poor.

Burma with Simon Reeve was excellent - still on the iPlayer and worth a watch. I really like him, his documentaries are always very watchable.

Part 2 this weekend.

I watched AC when it was first out. I wanted to like it more than I did. Visually great and good fun but the storyline was a bit of a mess and some of the acting was pretty poor.

I didn’t mind the acting on the whole, Joel Kinammon was a bit ropey (I haven’t enjoyed anything he’s done since The Killing, he was excellent in that) and I don’t like James Purefoy at all. Chris Conner was fucking brilliant as Poe though.

Especialy when you realise it is nearly 40 years ago now ?

Red Riding. Also excellent.

I don’t watch much TV so that is probably my recommends for 2018 completed!

Really see no point in this followup.
Yeah it's been a bit underwhelming, thought the 2nd series may have followed another major event from one of the other characters rather than a trial off the back of the 1st series. Be some interesting little revelations through the testimonies but we're about 8 episodes in and I'm still not seeing much spectacular on the cards.

Watched the first few Frankenstein Chronicles during a lazy storm day yesterday and it was a bit underwhelming. Decent cast and acting but the storyline seems to drag on a bit. Very grim as well which doesn't bother me but it's not everybody's cup of tea.

Graham Linehan has announced "Pope Ted - The Father Ted Musical" is almost written and the music is being done by Neil Hannon (who else after the Theme Tune and My Lovely Horse) . Calling it the real ending for Father Ted.

He has made daft announcements regarding Father Ted before but he is being pretty convincing on this one being true

Interesting. I'm a huge Ted fan so will be looking for this.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Goliath while the rest of the family disappeared to Love Island. Pretty good.

Graham Linehan has announced "Pope Ted -

tenor.gif

The Father Ted Musical

LCjA.gif

Ah come on..its the only proper way he could do it. A TV Show with someone else as Ted wouldn't work and added bonus of the more musically brilliance like My Lovely Horse.
If he does the musical in a similar style as the Producers it will be good

Back