• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Discovered the original Danish/Swedish Bridge last week (they are all on iplayer), it's bloody great. I really like the tunnel, but this is much much better.

I started watching the Tunnel on a whim and before I knew it I'd watched every episode over the course of a weekend :)

Cunk on Britain. Another piece of Charlie Brooker brilliance. Some of the experts she interviews just look profoundly confused. Or very irritated.

Discovered the original Danish/Swedish Bridge last week (they are all on iplayer), it's bloody great. I really like the tunnel, but this is much much better.

all the series are great as well. i think a new one has started though not looked where yet.

not found the Terror available either, BT have it so may have to wait or look for other means.

Gave up on Walking Dead on the third season when it was supposed to be good.
Preacher continued to be awesome.
Cunk/Diane Morgan is always good.

Cunk on Britain. Another piece of Charlie Brooker brilliance. Some of the experts she interviews just look profoundly confused. Or very irritated.

Is this like the bits in Weekly Wipe but as a main show then?

All the experts are in on the joke, apparently. Still very good though.

Preacher is fucking ace, the opening scene to season 2 is just brilliant. The Saint of Killers don’t catch buses!

I remember saying the first episode of season 1 was brilliant and a couple of people on here thought I might have accidentally watched the first episode of seasons 2. As a whole I still think season 1's opener was better!

The way he just keeps plodding along is pretty badass tbf.

I watched last week's show last night and thought it was really funny. I laughed lots!

I'll watch last night's episode after the game tonight.

Is this like the bits in Weekly Wipe but as a main show then?

It's basically her doing a guide to the history of Britain with interviews with historians etc... If they are in on the joke some of them are very good actors! The one she talked to about Walter Raleigh and potatoes last night looked like he wanted to punch her in the face!

All the experts are in on the joke, apparently. Still very good though.

Where have you heard that? I listened to her on Adam Buxton's podcast recently and I'm pretty sure she said herself that they were completely unaware it wasn't a serious interview.

That's if my memory is serving me correctly!

I read it from one of the writers somewhere. Could be wrong, of course, but it does make sense - can't be that many people who are unaware of this style of comedy. But I suppose some academics are a bit head in the clouds. But I can't imagine Robert Peston didn't know what was going on.

I love it so I'd be more than happy if all the interviews were for real.

Anybody watched This is Us?

Finished S1 last week and really enjoyed the series - sad + funny all the way through.

Is this based on the Caleb Carr book? Read the first one and enjoyed it. What are the other books like?
Yes. Have only read the first two, as he didn't publish the third until 20 years later I think.

I really enjoyed both, and am planning to reread them and then go for 3 and then 4th is out next year I think.

I've got The Alienist on my amazon book list as I've got a bit of a thing for historical fiction at the moment. I didn't know there was a tv series.

Cheers tredders, might look at the other books and/or the tv series.

Written by the same guy who did Marcella and you can tell too. Well drawn characters but bat shit mental story that has more holes than a holey thing.

I agree that the Marcella ending was bonkers.

Well I enjoyed the masterchef final. Kenny (no not ours) was a worthy winner, but Nawamin is quite clearly as bonkers a cook as they have ever had. His mind is insane on a cookery front. Really enjoyed the dishes today.

Back