• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Really enjoying the 7 episode's of The Hunt, with David Attenborough. Never seen these before even though they are from 2015. Another excellent nature series from Sir David.

I've started watching Dragonball Z Kai. I was obsessed with the original Z when I was a kid but it's been probably 15 years or so since I really digested any Dragonball material.

Amazingly, the show is even better than I remember it being. Just a brilliant mix of camp, drama, exceptional artistry, and signature Japanese quirk. I expected a nostalgia trip; I instead got a genuinely entertaining story. Very pleasantly surprised.

just saw a clip for bbc series the city and the city, which is a decent award winning China Mieville book.

Stuff’s actually happening in The Walking Dead. Wonders will never cease.

Deep State coming up on Fox looks decent.

Manhunt: Unabomber was excellent, thanks to whoever it was on here who mentioned it!

Manhunt: Unabomber was excellent, thanks to whoever it was on here who mentioned it!

Yeah, it was really good. Although I'm not sure if the main character was just a bit of a wooden robot or whether Sam Worthington is a bit of a shit actor!

Yeah, it was really good. Although I'm not sure if the main character was just a bit of a wooden robot or whether Sam Worthington is a bit of a shit actor!

I'm going with the latter. Really enjoyed it but he was outacted by some of the furniture.

I'm going with the latter. Really enjoyed it but he was outacted by some of the furniture.

Yeah, that's where I was leaning too. :D

Whilst I'm on this thread, still really enjoying Weeds. Just about to finish Season 3. I thought they'd find it difficult to sustain the storyline over multiple series but it cracks along with loads of twists and turns. Not all believable but who cares? It's milf-tastic too.

I watched Weeds on DVD when it was first shown. It was enjoyable enough but ultimately throwaway.

I watched Weeds on DVD when it was first shown. It was enjoyable enough but ultimately throwaway.

I don't disagree, but it's kept my attention far longer than weightier stuff like House of Cards. It's good fun, very watchable TV.

Just updated my to-watch list:

FILMS

Ant Man – Superhero film, from 2015
Hardcore Henry – POV parkour style
John Wick 2
Split – Split personality guy
Trainspotting 2

SERIES

Freaks and Geeks – old series, Seth Rogen, James Franco etc
Gomorrah – Italian subtitled crime series
Halt and Catch Fire (S03)
Meet the Goldbergs – Family comedy
On My Block – top rated Netflix show, LA teens
Preacher (S02)
Mr Robot – A hacker
Seven Seconds – About a cover-up hit and run by police
Weeds – Weed selling widowed mom

Thought there were ten episodes of Billions' second season, realised there are twelve and now have much watching to do before Thursday.

Just updated my to-watch list:

FILMS

Ant Man – Superhero film, from 2015
Hardcore Henry – POV parkour style
John Wick 2
Split – Split personality guy
Trainspotting 2

SERIES

Freaks and Geeks – old series, Seth Rogen, James Franco etc
Gomorrah – Italian subtitled crime series
Halt and Catch Fire (S03)
Meet the Goldbergs – Family comedy
On My Block – top rated Netflix show, LA teens
Preacher (S02)
Mr Robot – A hacker
Seven Seconds – About a cover-up hit and run by police
Weeds – Weed selling widowed mom

Bump Gomorrah to the top, its brilliant!

Plus I won't then be the only person on this thread wanging on about it.

Bump Gomorrah to the top, its brilliant!

Plus I won't then be the only person on this thread wanging on about it.

I've got that on the Sky box to watch as someone at work recommended it. Just got to convince the missus to watch it as she's not a fan of violent programmes (I presume it's pretty violent as it's about the Mafia?)

I've only just realised that Parks and Recreation is on Amazon Prime video.

Time for a run through. I love that show.

I've got that on the Sky box to watch as someone at work recommended it. Just got to convince the missus to watch it as she's not a fan of violent programmes (I presume it's pretty violent as it's about the Mafia?)

Yeah it is pretty violent, but not all the time and its more matter of fact than Tarrantino-esque violence

Back