• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The IBs is still fucking ace. Never fails to make me laugh.

+1

F%$k knows what Langers found so terrible about it. If you can't see either some of yourself or some of your mates in the characters then I dread to think what your adolescent years were like.

Not sure if its already been mentioned on this thread but Derry Girls was a good watch too.

IB is class.

Watched an episode of 13 Reasons. Thought it was all weird n shit but looks like it's just a teen love story, stuff that. Been watching Halt and Catch Fire since.

+1

F%$k knows what Langers found so terrible about it. If you can't see either some of yourself or some of your mates in the characters then I dread to think what your adolescent years were like.

Exactly. It's basically just a cartoon version of the schooldays of every kid who wasn't one of the cool popular crowd. Perhaps that's why Langers doesn't like it. He was one of the cool kids - the bastard.

Exactly. It's basically just a cartoon version of the schooldays of every kid who wasn't one of the cool popular crowd. Perhaps that's why Langers doesn't like it. He was one of the cool kids - the bastard.

I was certainly not that :icon_lol:

The Inbetweeners is diabolical. It's not the idea and it's not the setting that I object to - nor is it the absurdity. It's the acting, the script, the directing - it's dreadful.

I was certainly not that :icon_lol:

The Inbetweeners is diabolical. It's not the idea and it's not the setting that I object to - nor is it the absurdity. It's the acting, the script, the directing - it's dreadful.

I don't mind the duff acting but I think it's hilarious.

I watched all of Trauma over the last 3 days and whilst some of it strains credulity the acting is brilliant and it's a very good watch.

I don't mind the duff acting but I think it's hilarious.

I watched all of Trauma over the last 3 days and whilst some of it strains credulity the acting is brilliant and it's a very good watch.

Is that one of the John Simm dramas? I saw part 1 of Collateral the other night and that was pretty good.

Langers in a trying to distance himself from his football friends shocker. If only somebody had thought of sticking that in a comedy.........

Is that one of the John Simm dramas? I saw part 1 of Collateral the other night and that was pretty good.

It is John Simm and the excellent Adrian Liester. I thought Collateral was good, if a little cliched and preachy (a bit too 'right on' for me).

It is John Simm and the excellent Adrian Liester. I thought Collateral was good, if a little cliched and preachy (a bit too 'right on' for me).

Watched Collateral last night. It was OK but like you say, quite cliched. Shoehorning in lots of dialogue about current hot topics for no real reason. Hopefully now they've got that out of the way they can move on with the conspiracy story which looks like it might be quite good.

I don't get it, is it meant to scare you. Or is it something you'd understand if you watched BM?
Yeah, you need to watch a particular episode of Black Mirror.

Some new John Cleese vehicle has just started on BBC. 11 minutes in and I want to die. How the mighty have fallen. This is fucking bollocks.

Some new John Cleese vehicle has just started on BBC. 11 minutes in and I want to die. How the mighty have fallen. This is fucking bollocks.

Glad I didn't bother turning that on - he said that it was the funniest script he had seen since Fawlty Towers as well

Cleese admitted long ago that one of his many divorces rinsed him and so he now does any old shit.

He did Fierce Creatures over 20 years ago and that is a truly abysmal film.

Trying to get through some stuff on our sky box. Watched half an episode of McMafia last night and gave up. Didn’t grab me or the Mrs one bit. Moved on to Hard Sun. Watched the first two episodes and seems alright. Not amazing but worth persisting with. Still got Trauma to get through and I’ve also started watching Sneaky Pete on Amazon.

Words failed me for the 22 minutes I could stand before happily handing the control over. It made After Henry as racy as the Inbetweeners. Just a whole bunch of ghastly sugar-coated old people whimsy with not a single moment that saved it from the morass of godawful horrendousness.

Back