• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I've been waiting since November for this to happen. I saw the first episode on a Kodi stream. Looks good.

Had to go back an rewatch the last one of series 2 to catch up, I'd forgotten how much of an really difficult episode it was to watch. Will be starting S3 tomorrow.

Anyone been watching McMafia, if so, any good??

Yes I really like it, not a huge amount happens though...

Cheers, going to give it a go then. See if I'm hooked after a couple of episodes.

I have sweet FA to watch at the minute. Don't really like the Daredevil etc types or I could do one of those.

Daredevil's class, it's far removed from your run of the mill superhero type movie style. It's certainly not for kids.

Anyone been watching McMafia, if so, any good??

I thought it was OK at the start and worth persevering with but now I think it's uninteresting dross, nothing happens and the acting and direction are terrible. The missus likes it though.

Daredevil's class, it's far removed from your run of the mill superhero type movie style. It's certainly not for kids.

Didn't really like it. So I kinda ruled out the other super hero-y ones.

Have you got Netflix? If you like crime shows, you should check out Narcos, Mindhunter and The Sinner

Thanks DDW, yes got Netflix. Enjoyed Narcos, not seen any of Mindhunter, and not heard of The Sinner. Will give Mindhunter a go as have seen a few of you on here really enjoy it.

Might start to watch it tonight actually on the bedroom tele as Mr P fancies watching Saturday Night Fever! I'd rather walk down route 422 with nails in me shoes.

Just taking a look cheers. I've actually got this and Mr Robot jotted down from suggestions here now I've looked through my photos

Mr Robot is fucking top notch.

Like the look of that but the missus is not at all interested. She's got us watching 13 Reasons Why which is decent. Good idea but I think the target audience is about 15 years my junior. All a bit "high-school preppy jocks vs the outsider socially awkwards" for me. And the story is moving far too slowly after 4ish episodes.

Yeah 13 reasons is a massive selling tween novel....think its having a 2nd season too.
The music is good in it but i could have done without the bathtub scene towards the end.

Enjoying Counterpart at the moment with JK Simmons.

Advice - don't watch the new 'comedy' called Bliss on Sky 1. It stars Stephen 'Dan! Dan! Dan!' Mangan and Heather Graham.

Its diabolical. Appallingly written, an intensely unlikeable lead character who is a bygamist and the 'comedy' is him trying to make sure his 2 families never meet. But the scrapes he gets into are really lazy, completely unoriginal and not funny whatsoever. And they're cringe worthy scrapes - not in a good way. I've no idea what the writers were thinking. You have zero empathy for the main character.

It's so bad that it makes Trollied look like Fawlty Towers.

Watched the first couple of episodes of The Young Offenders on the iPlayer, (haven't watched the film yet). Very funny as has been said. Bit like an Irish InBetweeners so that's good from my perspective.

Watched the first couple of episodes of The Young Offenders on the iPlayer, (haven't watched the film yet). Very funny as has been said. Bit like an Irish InBetweeners so that's good from my perspective.

darcywontdance2.gif

Well I hope it's like the Young Offenders film. Which fortunately is nothing like The Inbetweeners.

Back