• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

No idea, I’ll stick The Bridge on my watch list.

The Tunnel is based on the Swedish/danish The Bridge isn’t it? The Bridge has been great and I think another series is due to start but no idea if the Tunnel follows the story exactly.

There are some obvious similarities between the storyline and the two principal characters.

Started watching Daredevil on Netflix so I could get the lead up to The Punisher. I expected to like it due to my comic book collecting past but I’ve been surprised how decent it is. Extremely violent in places and very well acted, some scenes are incredibly graphic.

Started watching Daredevil on Netflix so I could get the lead up to The Punisher. I expected to like it due to my comic book collecting past but I’ve been surprised how decent it is. Extremely violent in places and very well acted, some scenes are incredibly graphic.

I think Daredevil is my favourite of the defenders stuff on Netflix, I enjoyed Jessica Jones, Luke Cage was OK and iron fist was a bit rubbish. Looking forward to watching the punisher though, I’ve heard it’s incredibly violent!

Speaking of comic books and Netflix, I watched It's The End of the Fucking World over the weekend. Great little series about two messed up teenagers who go all Bonnie and Clyde. Really dark and funny, as well as sweary, violent and quite sweet.

Oh, and it's got a brilliant soundtrack. New tunes from Graham Coxon mixed in with all sorts of old doo-wop and country and sundry other random tunes. It's got a great playlist on Spotify.

Oh, and it's got a brilliant soundtrack. New tunes from Graham Coxon mixed in with all sorts of old doo-wop and country and sundry other random tunes. It's got a great playlist on Spotify.

they did use mazzy star's cover of five string serenade in an early episode which was nice to hear, though i think the rest of the music passed me by a little :)

they did use mazzy star's cover of five string serenade in an early episode which was nice to hear, though i think the rest of the music passed me by a little :)

I'm a sucker for some original doo-wop though.

We've been watching The Crown as a family. On the face of it, not really my sort of thing, but have to say it's excellent. Matt Smith is ace as Duke of Ed.

Have binge watched the first series and a half 'The Tunnel' over the last couple of days after people mentioned it on here, really enjoying it ( but I am a sucker for a woman with a French accent :) )

( but I am a sucker for a woman with a French accent :) )
1e6bcbe28d04c5c603d500fca20cf5f1.jpg

As I love a bit of Roman history, I thought I'd give Britannia a go.

What the fuck is this supposed to be? Genuinely perplexed at what they're trying to do with it. It looks good - some quite stunning camera shots, scenery, make up, costumes are all top notch but the writers must have been on acid when they wrote it.

But the funniest thing is the choice of theme tune. Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan. I don't mean a strange orchestral piece that has melodies that remind me of Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan, I mean it's the actual song Hurdy Gurdy Man by Donovan. Has anyone seen that Big Train sketch when they're trying to fit the music to the scene in the editing suite and for an emotional scene with a kid crying over his mother's grave they choose Rockin' All Over The World by Status Quo? Reminded me of that.

2 episodes into Britannia and whilst I'm not giving up on it yet, it's so odd and I'd be surprised if I change my mind on it but we'll see.

Stick with it, it's not brilliant but it's watchable and yes I agree on the Hurdy Gurdy Man theme, love the song but I spent ages trying to understand a connection ??

My initial thought was that they wanted to choose something that doesn't seem to fit but sounds kind of cool, like Red Right Hand being the Peaky Blinders theme.

The difference being that Red Right Hand works brilliantly as the theme to Peaky Blinders and Hurdy Gurdy Man just sounds like the director has pressed shuffle on his iPod and thought 'yeah that'll do'.

Walk with my dog on All4.

Probably the best hour of television all week.

It is perfect.

If anybody enjoys history, beautiful scenery and dogs....then it is a must watch.

Back