• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched Broadchurch over the weekend - I never watched it when it was on ITV, and I had no idea who the killer was in season 1. An excellent show - really enjoyed it. Very well written, perfectly paced with some top performances - I did well to have escaped all spoilers over the past few years! Olivia Colman and David Tennant are both brilliant.

And then season 2 happened. Oh dear!! Dreadful.

I honestly can't remember such a difference in quality from a TV drama from one series to the next. I've been told the 3rd series is much better than the 2nd so I'll stick with it.

Yep, season 3 is a big improvement on 2 which was a mess.

Season 2 was more like a soap.

Cheers for that, I'll definitely carry on with it in that case.

Fargo S2 was nowhere near as good as S1 for me.

Started Tin Star (starring Tim Roth) last night and watched the first 3 episodes - and I have to say we are thoroughly hooked. It's brilliantly made/shot and the characters and acting are great. Can't wait to watch a couple more later on.

Think we will watch The Deuce once that's done.

Watching 'Sounds of the Sixties' on Yesterday

Did we really look like that & more importantly dance like that

(probably we did really)

Some good music though from John Lee Hooker, early Stones, Moody Blues & The Kinks

Just started watching "The End of The Fucking World" It is superb. So well acted. Love it.

Hard Sun - unbelievably bad, unintentionally hilariously so.

McMafia - shit name, wooden acting but not a bad story.

Mr Robot series 3 - back to form after an indifferent series 2. Remi Malek is top drawer.

Halt and Catch fire final series - brilliant, excellent stories, acting and characters. Critically accliamed and I can see why.

I need to finish Halt and Catch Fire, I’ve left the last series sitting there for ages.

Mr Robot series 3 was absolutely immense.

I need to finish Halt and Catch Fire, I’ve left the last series sitting there for ages.

Mr Robot series 3 was absolutely immense.

It was your post that got me into HACF Booz and I've loved it. I think it's up there in my top 3 TV series. I know its viewing figures weren't great in the States and it will be one of those series that critics will laud over people for not watching it (like they do with the Wire) but apart from those little irks I thought it was fantastic stuff.

Blitzed through the first 3 seasons of Line of Duty over the past few days. What a top show - thought season 3 was outstanding TV.

Still got season 4 to enjoy. Really enjoying it.

Blitzed through the first 3 seasons of Line of Duty over the past few days. What a top show - thought season 3 was outstanding TV.

How weird, that's exactly what we did! Well, season 3 anyway. You're right, it was brilliant. Not sure, in reality, if Kate would have got her commendation for taking that shot at the end (hope that's not too spoilery) but it made for a fantastic finale.

Been waiting for some suggestions. Mr Robot or Halt and Catch Fire it is.

Currently watching Dirk Gently. Headfuck detective series. Explains itself though as it goes

Starting watching Breaking Bad over Christmas, sponged Netflix off girlfriend's sister's account, and can see why so many people were so agitated with us about not watching it for so long. The odd duff episode, like watching people try to catch a fly for 45 minutes, but in general even the slower episodes add something to the story or the characters so they're worth enduring.

It was your post that got me into HACF Booz and I've loved it. I think it's up there in my top 3 TV series. I know its viewing figures weren't great in the States and it will be one of those series that critics will laud over people for not watching it (like they do with the Wire) but apart from those little irks I thought it was fantastic stuff.

It was one of those things that just caught my eye not long after I’d subscribed to Prime and thought I’d give it a go as there was nothing else to do, great decision. I think I’ll do the last series this month, Scoot McNairy and Lee Pace are fucking fantastic in it.

Season 4 is the best one out the lot, probably the best UK TV show to date.

Back