• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Gone Girl was on the Beeb tonight, another Fincher film, and that's awesome. He's a top director and I can't think of any modern director who is anywhere near as good.
Iñarritu, IMO.

Gone Girl was on the Beeb tonight, another Fincher film, and that's awesome. He's a top director and I can't think of any modern director who is anywhere near as good.

Christopher Nolan.

I’ve finished Mindhunter in three sittings and I’m gutted. What a fucking show.

Loved mindhunter, brilliant series. About to start the Unabomber one shortly too.

Ooh sound. Is that on Netflix?

EDIT: Found it. Looks good from the first episode.

Last edited:
World's strongest man final on channel 5 right now. Nothing says Xmas / New Year like WSM :)

Awesome! From Staffordshire too!!

[If he had lost he would have been from Stoke :)]

It was tense watching it even though I knew he’d already won!

Loved mindhunter, brilliant series. About to start the Unabomber one shortly too.

Have you started watching it yet? I’m four episodes in and it’s quality, appreciate the recommendation!

Have you started watching it yet? I’m four episodes in and it’s quality, appreciate the recommendation!
Only the watched the first episode (having a new born is ruining my TV viewing), very good from what I've seen. Hopefully watch another one tonight.

Just binged three of them, Paul Bettany is absolutely brilliant and really draws you in. They really hit home how much damage and suffering the bombs caused, and the insight into how much the FBI struggled is fascinating.

Have been ill over New Year so watched all the new Black Mirror episodes. All very good as usual, some better than others. It's becoming a bit formulaic - familiar near-future world altered by very plausible new tech - but it still works.

Watched first few episodes of Ozark. Looking forward to seeing how it pans out in the next few.

Finished Manhunt: Unabomber last night, great series and totally gripping. Top stuff.

Watched Broadchurch over the weekend - I never watched it when it was on ITV, and I had no idea who the killer was in season 1. An excellent show - really enjoyed it. Very well written, perfectly paced with some top performances - I did well to have escaped all spoilers over the past few years! Olivia Colman and David Tennant are both brilliant.

And then season 2 happened. Oh dear!! Dreadful.

I honestly can't remember such a difference in quality from a TV drama from one series to the next. I've been told the 3rd series is much better than the 2nd so I'll stick with it.

Back