• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Last episode of 'The Detectorists' last night was superb - a touching end to a good series

I wonder if that's the last series then? Me and my missus were shouting at them "it's up the tree!" but I didn't expect them to actually get it. I thought the next series would start a few years into them doing up the house, hadn't spoke to his old pal much nor been detecting, decide to start again, find a new field etc.

Finished Godless the other day. Fucking brilliant!

Narcos or Mindhunter next. Thoughts people???

Have watched the first 3 episodes of the recent Twin Peaks. Not what I was expecting at all so far. Confused as fuck. Interested to see where its going, but the end of ep 3 suggests it is about to spark into life.

I tried mindhunter, wathced the first episode twice and itfailed to grab me. Narcos is quality.

Narcos or Mindhunter next. Thoughts people???

Mindhunter was really good. Narcos I stopped watching towards the middle of series 2. Not sure why as it was excellent.

I'm half way through Blue Planet on my HDR enabled TV. Fuck me. I thought the transition from SD to HD was remarkable, this is on another level. At times it is so good it detracts from the content. Best £1500 I've spent in ages.

Totally enjoyed this seasons Mr Robot, helps having Bobby Cannavale in it though as he is tremendous in everything.

Totally enjoyed this seasons Mr Robot, helps having Bobby Cannavale in it though as he is tremendous in everything.

I see it has been renewed for a 4th series (I refuse to go all american and call them seasons). The third series has been much better than the 2nd which wasn't terrible but did pander to the director (Esmail) far too much and allowed him to be a bit of a pretentious arse at times.

Best season yet by a mile, the last episode was pure TV filth.

I'm half way through Blue Planet on my HDR enabled TV. Fuck me. I thought the transition from SD to HD was remarkable, this is on another level. At times it is so good it detracts from the content. Best £1500 I've spent in ages.
For that price I hope it's OLED?

Oh and they've started showing Blue Planet episodes in 4k if you go to iPlayer and get them.

For that price I hope it's OLED?

Oh and they've started showing Blue Planet episodes in 4k if you go to iPlayer and get them.

Yes it is OLED, stunning picture quality...and HDR is 4K although not yet available through Sky Q but through the TV Smart features

Watched blue planet episode 1 last night in ultra HD on the iPlayer and it was stunning.

Yes it is OLED, stunning picture quality...and HDR is 4K although not yet available through Sky Q but through the TV Smart features
My mate has a 60 inch OLED HDR and 4k BluRays look absolutely stunning.

Masterchef grand final night. Hope Louisa triumphs but I think she is going to not succeed. We shall see.

Season three of The Tunnel is quality, probably the best season yet based on the first three episodes.

Only watched the first two, but I think you're right it's turning into a very good series.

Back