• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42225220

Brilliant news - I got a new telly last week which is a compatible device for this. I've deliberately waited for this to be out on 4K so I'll watch this once it's available on Sunday.

The 4 minute UHD trial on iPlayer was one of the first things I tried out when I set it up - it's just insanely good quality.

You can watch the jaguar scene from Planet Earth in 4k too. It's sensational.

Has anyone else been watching the new season of The Walking Dead?

It's always been OTT and farcical - it's part of the attraction of the show - but this season has been absolutely horrific. And not in a good way. Dear god, it gets worse by the week and last night's was hilariously bad! Really thinking of packing it in.

It's always been OTT and farcical - it's part of the attraction of the show - but this season has been absolutely horrific. And not in a good way. Dear god, it gets worse by the week and last night's was hilariously bad! Really thinking of packing it in.

I've sadly given up half way through the last series with Negum(?) as everybody just seemed to have a 'this is shit' look on their face and Andrew Lincoln just looks bored.

I've sadly given up half way through the last series with Negum(?) as everybody just seemed to have a 'this is shit' look on their face and Andrew Lincoln just looks bored.

Negan.

Yeah he seems to have been really badly written - a great character that seems to have been wasted. I quite like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of him but the storylines are just so naff!! The last season was bad, but season 8 is taking it to new levels.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-42225220

Brilliant news - I got a new telly last week which is a compatible device for this. I've deliberately waited for this to be out on 4K so I'll watch this once it's available on Sunday.

The 4 minute UHD trial on iPlayer was one of the first things I tried out when I set it up - it's just insanely good quality.

I know someone who swears blind that she can't tell the difference between SD and HD. I think she's a bit broken.

I know someone who swears blind that she can't tell the difference between SD and HD. I think she's a bit broken.

Is it my mother? She genuinely can't tell the difference. I showed her the UHD trial thing on my new TV and do you know what her response was when I asked her what the difference was?

"Well the screen looks wider."

FFS, mum. Good one.

It's not your mother, no. Unless your mother is younger than both you and I by a couple of years.

I've snapped the channel back and forth and asked how on earth she thinks they look the same. On stuff where you really would notice as well. Nothing. I can't deal with that level of argument so ultimately I can never watch sport with her again.

Negan.

Yeah he seems to have been really badly written - a great character that seems to have been wasted. I quite like Jeffrey Dean Morgan's portrayal of him but the storylines are just so naff!! The last season was bad, but season 8 is taking it to new levels.

I’m getting proper fed up with it, it’s passed the point where I stopped reading the comics as well now so I don’t even have those to draw comparison from. I’ll carry on watching it now I’ve invested this much time into it though, and the end can’t be anywhere near as bad as Sons of Anarchy was so there’s always that.

It's not your mother, no. Unless your mother is younger than both you and I by a couple of years.

I've snapped the channel back and forth and asked how on earth she thinks they look the same. On stuff where you really would notice as well. Nothing. I can't deal with that level of argument so ultimately I can never watch sport with her again.

Fortunately I don't watch telly with my mother very often. Which in her case is the news at 6pm and 10pm every night, and ALWAYS on BBC1. Never BBC1 HD because let's face it - there's no difference.

I've witnessed my dad once talking up the advances of HD to one of my uncles whilst watching a game of football, felt a bit cruel when I pointed out to him that he wasn't watching in HD because he'd just put the standard Sky Sports channel on back when they didn't default to the HD version and was obviously just chatting shit as a result.

Thanks for pointing out the 4K iPlayer news langers, I’ve deliberately not watched blue planet as I want to see it in the best quality I can!

Negan.

it's been rank. I put it on but hardly concentrate on it. the negan character has been acted like a ham from the start. i'm sure the actor's done what's asked of him well, but it's never really worked for me. and he's not the only one.

Just watched the last episode and it was probably the best of the season so far :icon_lol:

Couple of episodes of Tin Star left and I’ve really enjoyed it, it gets better as it goes along.

Not yet watched any of this season. Was going to bulk watch and still will. But yours and others reviews don’t fill me with much hope.

Stopped Walking Dead after season 1, maybe some of 2, just felt slow and dragged out. Also stopped Sons of Anarchy and after reading what happened to that on Wiki I'm glad.

Back