• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I love the BBC, I think it's one of the wonders of world, but it's doing itself no favours with its mainstream TV output these days. I'm not sure the occasional Blue Planet makes up for all the shite.

That's painful. A load of unoriginal shite. League of Gentleman is the only thing that interests me. There's just no creativity anymore :(

Some of those shows sound like they belong on Alan Partridge's dictaphone.

I don't think we turned the telly on at all last year, except to put the Xbox on for the kids. (I had to 'help' them, of course....)

I'll watch Christmas Carol gone Wrong. I like the group behind those shows.

Sky Sports for the rest of the Christmas break

Other than Pointless, that list is horrendous.

I'll be watching football, darts and cricket, same as every other Christmas.

I love the BBC, I think it's one of the wonders of world, but it's doing itself no favours with its mainstream TV output these days. I'm not sure the occasional Blue Planet makes up for all the shite.

I like the Beeb (bar the news channel which is fucking awful) but I agree with you. I think BBC drama is having a good year so why they decide to fuck Christmas up with the turgid unoriginal shite they're going to put out is beyond me.

I don't mind unoriginal, but when you think of the plethora of highest quality shows they could have picked from ?

The stage shows are brilliant.

Play that goes Wrong is ace.

At some point I will go an see the Comedy about a Bank Robbery that they are currently doing in London

Just to go back to Godless - finished it now. Not perfect but well worth watching all seven episodes. Stunning visuals of the American West.

Need something new to watch having just finished the second series of Stranger Things 2, which was AWESOME - apart from the last 5 minutes which there was totally no need for.

Need something new to watch having just finished the second series of Stranger Things 2, which was AWESOME - apart from the last 5 minutes which there was totally no need for.

I just told you. Godless. Don't you people ever listen?!

And Stranger Things 2 was ace. Was it the snoggy dancing you objected to?

No spoilers please - haven't watched season 2 yet.

Have you seen Narcos yet, machin? Fantastic show.

I've been watching Peep Show from the beginning again - still awesome. Super Hans is amazing.

Detectorists - absolutely knew what was going to happen to the latest 'find'.

I just told you. Godless. Don't you people ever listen?!

And Stranger Things 2 was ace. Was it the snoggy dancing you objected to?

Yeah! Totally unnecessary, out of character and at odds at what you'd expect from that group of kids. It was basically as massively contrived crutch to try and get Mike and L back together for some kind of smushy happy ending. Absolutely no need. Perhaps, just about worth it for Dutin's hair though :icon_lol:

Will give Godless a look, cheers.

No spoilers please - haven't watched season 2 yet.

Have you seen Narcos yet, machin? Fantastic show.

I've been watching Peep Show from the beginning again - still awesome. Super Hans is amazing.

Will take a look, cheers bud.

Yeah! Totally unnecessary, out of character and at odds at what you'd expect from that group of kids. It was basically as massively contrived crutch to try and get Mike and L back together for some kind of smushy happy ending. Absolutely no need. Perhaps, just about worth it for Dutin's hair though :icon_lol:

Will my spoiler tags work? Oh, the tension...

Totally agree. I got the impression it was so they could throw in another callback to the movies of the '80s. There are loads in this series - e.g. Hopper grabbing his hat like Indiana Jones. The dance scene was straight out of Pretty in Pink. Dustin was basically Ducky - the hair is identical

Narcos is absolutely incredible. One of the best shows I've ever watched.

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Back