• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Extinct - looks good

'400 years after the extinction of the human race, a small group of humans are revived by an alien civilization. The aliens claim they want to restore the human species, but the reborn humans uncover new dangers, hidden agendas and powerful secrets that challenge that claim and threaten to annihilate the human race all over again.'

It was a brilliant series and the last episode nearly had me in tears too. Although I'm neither big nor tough.

Is there going to be a second series? Watched all of the first series now, and thought it was excellent. The last episode did have me in tears.

New Detectorists on BBC4 last night. Brilliant as ever.

Finished Stranger Things 2. Apart from the rubbish episode where Eleven left Hawkins and went to the big city, it was great. And great 80s soundtrack to go along with the original music.

Aw how did I miss Detectorists. Not started Stranger Things 2 yet.

Man Down was pretty good again.

Never seen Game Of Thrones but the trailer for "britannia" looks like its going to be a visual version of the shite music you hear in the supermarket
that is not the original artist.

I've only ever watched 2 or 3 episodes of the last series. I need to sit down and watched it from the beginning.

Finished Stranger Things 2. Apart from the rubbish episode where Eleven left Hawkins and went to the big city, it was great. And great 80s soundtrack to go along with the original music.

Really enjoying season 2 of Stranger Things at the mo.

Watching the festival of Remembrance. It is always so poignant and humbling.

Many years ago my late Father in Law was there as the standard bearer for the British Legion.

Loving Star Trek Discovery - great series and well in the Trek tradition. Shame it has 2 months off now.

Just finished season 1 of Stranger Things. Excellent stuff - really enjoyed it. Will have a break for a few days before cracking on with season 2.

I've also started watching The Sinner starring Jessica Biel. Has anyone else seen this? It's superb - a seemingly normal suburban woman, married with a young son suddenly flips when at the beach with her family, brutally murdering what appears to be a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever. Things start to unravel, and it becomes a very interesting crime drama - why did she do it? What happened to her earlier in her life? Was the victim a stranger? Well worth a watch - it's gripping.

Started watching Masterchef the Professionals at the weekend. Compared to Masterchef Australia it's absolute shit across the board. Mind you, I'm surprised Paddy hasn't been on here commenting that he shat himself a new ring after one guy added a fuckton of salt to his souffle.

I saw that episode!

Just watched the boy with the topknot. Lots filmed on location here, and a bloody good film.

I saw that episode!

Just watched the boy with the topknot. Lots filmed on location here, and a bloody good film.

The topknot thing was very good. It was nice to see a one-off TV drama which you don't have to buy into for weeks and weeks.

Started watching The Office again. Office equipment aside, it's aged superbly. Still funny as fuck.

I've also started watching The Sinner starring Jessica Biel. Has anyone else seen this? It's superb - a seemingly normal suburban woman, married with a young son suddenly flips when at the beach with her family, brutally murdering what appears to be a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever. Things start to unravel, and it becomes a very interesting crime drama - why did she do it? What happened to her earlier in her life? Was the victim a stranger? Well worth a watch - it's gripping.

I originally only watched the first 10 minutes of this and stopped just before the beach scene. Started watching it again last night after reading your post - its actually really good and I chose a really stupid point to give up on it...

Back