• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Peter Kay has confirmed 2 special episodes of Car Share will be shown next year. 1 will finish off the story and pick up the day after the last episode and another is the 2 of them doing an unscripted show.

Peter Kay has confirmed 2 special episodes of Car Share will be shown next year. 1 will finish off the story and pick up the day after the last episode and another is the 2 of them doing an unscripted show.
Tickets for his stand up go onsale tomorrow expect that to be a quick sellout.

Finally got round to watching the last of The Vietnam War documentary on BBC4

Probably the most effective documentary I have seen. No stupid voice over or background music either - what music was used fitted in perfectly with the times

I've watched 9 out of the 10 episodes so far. I knew almost nothing about the war before watching, and I had no real idea why the USA were even in Vietnam, but it is one of the most powerful tv series I have ever seen.

I will admit that several times, especially during the last couple of episodes, I have had tears in my eyes from watching the horror of what human beings can do to each other.

The music in it is absolutely superb too.

I've watched 9 out of the 10 episodes so far. I knew almost nothing about the war before watching, and I had no real idea why the USA were even in Vietnam, but it is one of the most powerful tv series I have ever seen.

I will admit that several times, especially during the last couple of episodes, I have had tears in my eyes from watching the horror of what human beings can do to each other.

The music in it is absolutely superb too.

If I was an American citizen then was of an age when I could have been in this (unless I was related to George Bush) - a sobering thought.

Just finished season 1 of Stranger Things. Excellent stuff - really enjoyed it. Will have a break for a few days before cracking on with season 2.

I've also started watching The Sinner starring Jessica Biel. Has anyone else seen this? It's superb - a seemingly normal suburban woman, married with a young son suddenly flips when at the beach with her family, brutally murdering what appears to be a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever. Things start to unravel, and it becomes a very interesting crime drama - why did she do it? What happened to her earlier in her life? Was the victim a stranger? Well worth a watch - it's gripping.
Just watched all of Sinner this week...decent enough programme to be honest.

Been watching Motherland this week. Excellent comedy about the joys of being a mum with young school-age kids. Written by Sharon Horgan and Graham Linehan so can't really go wrong.

I saw a trailer for that last week, SLA - might give it a try later tonight.

I saw a trailer for that last week, SLA - might give it a try later tonight.

To me it all looks like an extreme, but funny, take on the subject - but my wife assures me it's spot on!

Watched the first episode, thought it had promise. Second episode was beyond terrible IMO.

Early Doors is returning but as a Live Stage Show

early_doors_live_poster.jpg

Fucking Aces

Amazing!!

Probably the most underrated comedy ever made.

The live stage show, commissioned by West End producer Philip McIntyre, will run from August 29 to September 15 at the Lowry Theatre, Salford Quays.

Tickets, priced from £20, go on sale on Friday December 1 from thelowry.com

Will be on that next week

I'm finding it like most Linehan things, they take a bit of time to bed in.

I'm watching them at the moment. Its brilliant - especially the pilot episode and episode 1. I can see where Wombat is coming from regarding episode 2 but it picks up again.

Very well observed - I love how they've nailed the 'playground mafia'. Some parts are really funny.

I've started watching Godless on Netflix and it's a really, really good slow-burn Western series. I do love a good Western.

The live stage show, commissioned by West End producer Philip McIntyre, will run from August 29 to September 15 at the Lowry Theatre, Salford Quays.

Tickets, priced from £20, go on sale on Friday December 1 from thelowry.com

2 big fat lies in that by the Manchester Evening News

Cheapest ticket is £25 (restricted view) and they went on sale last week. I only spotted that as the Lowry Theatre tweeted extra dates had been added due to demand!. Looking froward to see this next year and then having a night out in Mancland with 2 of the best tour guides from TWF.
Also hoping to see a woman kick a seagull......

Back