• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Yeah it was watchable. Watched all 3 in one go - not the best historical drama I've seen but reasonably enjoyable.
Watched the other 2 now. No not the best, but still an enjoyable 3 episode series.

Have been watching a few Drunk Histories on You Tube. Some of them are very funny. Not come across it before but it seems to have been around for a while.

I thought 'Back' was good on Channel 4, essentially a sequel to Peepshow. I know Greg Davies isn't everybody's cup of tea but I like him in 'Man Down' and it was on good form last night.

Started watching Rellik last night but had no real idea what was going on or when, probably down the fact I was knackered and dozed off a bit. I like watching Richard Dormer (the only high point of two series of Fortitude) but I just couldn’t get into this. Maybe one for the Delete pile.

It's worth sticking with Booz, got to let the first episode wash over you as it's a bit crap but it gets much better as it goes along.

Sound, I’ll stick with it. I probably need to watch the first episode again to be fair, I think I missed a fair wedge of it.

I thought 'Back' was good on Channel 4, essentially a sequel to Peepshow. I know Greg Davies isn't everybody's cup of tea but I like him in 'Man Down' and it was on good form last night.

Back was excellent.

Finally finished Making a Murderer last night - decided to watch from the start again as it had been over a year since I first saw it.

What a brilliant programme - I was lost for words at numerous points throughout the series and found it so tragic in places. I'd recommend it to anyone because it's so interesting as well as downright bizarre - if it was a work of fiction, it would seem too implausible!

I thought 'Back' was good on Channel 4, essentially a sequel to Peepshow. .

Back was a great show.

Enjoyed Tin Star as well recently. Tim Roth is bloomin superb in it

Finally got round to watching the last of The Vietnam War documentary on BBC4

Probably the most effective documentary I have seen. No stupid voice over or background music either - what music was used fitted in perfectly with the times

Stranger Things :)

Watched Back also. I liked the role reversal

Another edit - Loved the first ep of Man Down as well, deffo on good form. I was hoping he'd go back to the bank at the end of the episode when we'd half forgot, wearing the pink blouse and a suit top to match her ha.

Was watching 'Worlds greatest bridges' on Channel 5 about the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco, but had the massage chair on as done a load of gardening today & must have nodded off - next thing I see is a load of Roman soldiers in a massive battle & wondering what the feck they were doing in America.

Took me a minute or two before I worked out that we were in the next programme :icon_biggrin: - very surreal

Can't wait for Blue Planet 2 to start ( tomorrow I think) Can't beat a bit of Sir Attenborough.

Just started watching The Good Place. It is really clever, and rather enjoyable.

Thought the new series of Red Dwarf started off well enough, but has now turned into being as bad as I imagined it was going to be :(

Thought the new series of Red Dwarf started off well enough, but has now turned into being as bad as I imagined it was going to be :(

I’ve watched 3 of them and thought it was fine, there’s enough in there to make it enjoyable but not a patch on the early series still obviously

Just started watching The Good Place. It is really clever, and rather enjoyable.
Me too, about two weeks ago. It's harmless enjoyable fluff really. Jameela Jamil was an odd person to see in it though!

I was happily bingeing into S2 when I came to an abrupt halt as I'd caught up with the broadcast schedule without realising. Annoying as I was tearing through them. 20 min shows need a couple at a time to watch.

The "no criticising" episode was genuinely one of the worst episodes of the show I've ever seen. Just painfully bad. This week's new one (on demand is a week ahead) was much better though.

The "no criticising" episode was genuinely one of the worst episodes of the show I've ever seen. Just painfully bad. This week's new one (on demand is a week ahead) was much better though.

Thank God for that, The 'no criticising' episode attained almost Rantaghost levels of humour, it was pain full to watch

Broken with Sean Bean. Watched 2 episodes, think there's 6 altogether. Bit depressing in places but he plays a Priest well and the storylines are ok. Think I'd be in Confession every week if he was me Priest.

Back