• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Just watched the latest episode of Season 5 of Mad Men (Ep6) and I can't speak highly enough of this show at the minute.

It's become a truly brilliant character driven show on a level I've not seen before in a TV series. Even better than The Sopranos was. Such a superb ensemble cast that's been put together and they are just knocking it way out of the park this season. Brilliant, brilliant TV.

I can't recommend this show highly enough people. Easily the best show on TV at the minute.

Just watched the latest episode of Season 5 of Mad Men (Ep6) and I can't speak highly enough of this show at the minute.

It's become a truly brilliant character driven show on a level I've not seen before in a TV series. Even better than The Sopranos was. Such a superb ensemble cast that's been put together and they are just knocking it way out of the park this season. Brilliant, brilliant TV.

I can't recommend this show highly enough people.

Is that the one currently running on Sky Atlantic?

If they started it from the first season, I'd give it a go I think.

Meanwhile, a new season of Deadliest Catch has started on Discovery. Love that show.

Yep they are showing it similar to GoT a day or two after it airs in America. I just download and watch it once it airs in the US every week. I don't like adverts!

If you have a Blu-Ray player I'll happily send you the first season to check it out.

Cool - that would be ace. Cheers!

If it's half as good as The Sopranos, I'll love it!

I only have S1 though so if you like it you're on your own from there. PM me your address and I'll pop it in the post for you.

My mate stopped midway through S1 as he said he found most of the the characters too unlikeable (yet he loves The Sopranos!), but they evolve a lot over the seasons. It's genuinely funny at times too.

Extremely impressed with the casting in this series of Game of Thrones - Brienne and Balon are exactly how I'd imagined them, and they've managed to get Pyke and the Iron Islands absolutely spot on.

And Margaery Tyrell (Renly's queen) is fit. Tremendous scene last night. Can't wait for the next few weeks when it all starts to kick off!

Speaking of GoT, I served Aidan Gillan at work yesterday. Was a lil bit starstruck as I thought he was brilliant as Mayor Carcetti in The Wire, and I hear he's excellent in GoT too. Seemed very nice, unassuming and laid back. Was polite too, which is refreshing from the other celebs we get in....

Speaking of GoT, I served Aidan Gillan at work yesterday. Was a lil bit starstruck as I thought he was brilliant as Mayor Carcetti in The Wire, and I hear he's excellent in GoT too. Seemed very nice, unassuming and laid back. Was polite too, which is refreshing from the other celebs we get in....

That's cool! He's very well cast - very calculating, quite sly. A very good character actually.

I can't recommend this show highly enough people. Easily the best show on TV at the minute.

Downloaded series 1-3, just got to watch them now.

Jaqen H'Ghar is one of my favourites too. He's cool.

The new series of South Park is brilliant!

Jaqen H'Ghar is one of my favourites too. He's cool.

Question: Is Jaqen H'Ghar the same person as Syrio Forel, Arya's teacher? If not what happened to Syrio? He was never confirmed as dead.

And Syrio Forel was also very cool.

I'd imagine he's dead. He was surrounded by about 6 blokes with swords at Winterfell. Didn't we hear a scream off screen as Arya escaped?

Back