• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Game of Thrones was ace last night. I don't get though why Meera and Jojen Reed have been completely written out of the story considering how important a role they play in helping Bran.

RE: Grandmas house, i've watched the first couple of episodes, it's just Mrs Browns boys for Guardian readers.

Game of Thrones was ace last night. I don't get though why Meera and Jojen Reed have been completely written out of the story considering how important a role they play in helping Bran.

I'm presuming they're going to make Osha a more prominent character and merge her character with the Reeds.

Jaqen H'Ghar was absolutely ace. He rules. What a cool role that must be to play.

I'm presuming they're going to make Osha a more prominent character and merge her character with the Reeds.

Jaqen H'Ghar was absolutely ace. He rules. What a cool role that must be to play.

The dream about the sea coming to Winterfell wasn't even Bran's dream if I recall. It just seems a bit lazy to not include them, given that it is Jojen who helps Bran understand his dreams. I can't imagine it would have been too hard to write them into the story.

I would have liked to have seen them but I get the impression that they're really trying to trim the cast down to make it less confusing.

Besides the Reeds, there hasn't been any mention of Weese, Vargo Hoat, Edric Storm, Alayaya, Cortnay Penrose or even Theon's Uncle Aeron yet they are all significant characters in the book.

Not to mention that the scene with the Shadow assassin being born came much later in the book and it wasn't born to kill the target in the TV programme.

That's right - it was Ser Cortnay Penrose who got killed after she 'gave birth' to the shadow as they couldn't penetrate Storm's End in order to take Edric without Ser Cortnay yielding.

I can see why they've altered it though - it does make the plot a lot tighter.

I know why they had to do these things, the plots in the books are so weaving and intricate with so many characters introduced and then 'un-introduced' it would be impossible to follow the books religiously. It seems like their compromise is to try and meld several plots and characters together which could be just as confusing. Anyway, seems like we could soon be set to meet Ygritte. Woohoo!

I saw a photo of the girl they've cast as Ygritte just after the news broke - of all the casting they've done for the series, she looks the most like I imagined their character to be. Absolutely spot on.

Mind you, so does Brienne with all her make up on.

2006-7-16-what%20a%20difference%20a%20day%20makes.jpg

As much as I'm now enjoying Game of Thrones, I much prefer The Borgias.

I really enjoyed the Borgias - a lot more than I thought I would. Has a 2nd series been made?

Ooohhh The Borgias, I completely forgot about that as we got rid of Sky after the first episode.

There's my next series to watch.

The Borgias.....it just sounds like a program with lots of titties in it. Would I be dissappointed?

There are more tits in Game of Thrones. But there are some in The Borgias. It is very good, even without the breasts.

Game of Thrones it is then.

Very Important People on E4 is a new hit and miss impressions show but the hits when they come are very big and very funny. It was worth watching for the inspired 'Britain's Hardest Commutes' with Danny Dyer.

Back