• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Ahhh, I see what you mean. I downloaded them. So far it's better than series 1.

Ah - gotcha. As long as I haven't missed it on Sky Atlantic!

I think the last series started in August so maybe it'll start in the summer? I watch a fair few things on Sky Atlantic so I'm guessing they'll be plugging it pretty soon.

I'd have thought it'd be out within the next couple of months. Lots more war, torture and tits in this series.

Excellent - you've sold it to me already.

Very Important People on E4 is a new hit and miss impressions show but the hits when they come are very big and very funny. It was worth watching for the inspired 'Britain's Hardest Commutes' with Danny Dyer.

Watching this now in the absence of anything decent, just seen a bit where they had Terry Wogan on a reggae radio station in Jamaica, i liked it, the Danny Dyer bit you mention is start now so i'll give it a watch.

Terry Wagwan was good. Top show!

I particularly like how that clip ended, he introduces a bit of music, presses the wrong button and puts a caller on air, mutters to himself 'Terry you bumbaclaart'.

Sky Atlantic are showing 'House' from the very beginning starting this afternoon. If you've never watched it it is very good. It's not so much a medical drama as a detective drama wrapped up in medicine. A medical Sherlock Holmes if you will... And Hugh Laurie is unbelievably good in it.

Jennifer Morrison :bananasex:

Jennifer Morrison :bananasex:

Most recent series: Odette Annable...

5600226690_d319d757a1.jpg

Last edited:
Wow - they have changed a fair bit of Game of Thrones this series - and tonight's episode in particular. But yet again, I think they've changed it for the better. Especially the ending - really helps tie up a few loose ends and makes later events a hell of a lot clearer.

It's brilliant scriptwriting.

Wow - they have changed a fair bit of Game of Thrones this series - and tonight's episode in particular. But yet again, I think they've changed it for the better. Especially the ending - really helps tie up a few loose ends and makes later events a hell of a lot clearer.

It's brilliant scriptwriting.

Really? It wasn't that good I don't think. I'm not sure what loose ends it tied up, it seemed to open up more questions and specualtion than anything else. It certainly wasn't something that happened in the books. The part with Jon Snow and Ygritte seemed to be done in a half-assed way too. As was the Arya and Jaqen H'gar scene. All of those things seemed hastily added at the expense of telling the story cohesively and properly.

I always thought the reason Daenerys went to the temple was a bit 'meh'. So I'm now presuming she's been lured there - it makes it far more plausible.

And Arya's plot line is a hell of a lot tighter - the 2nd murder was much more exciting.

Not sure where they're going with the Jon/Ygritte thing at the moment, but overall I think it's way better.

I always thought the reason Daenerys went to the temple was a bit 'meh'. So I'm now presuming she's been lured there - it makes it far more plausible.

And Arya's plot line is a hell of a lot tighter - the 2nd murder was much more exciting.

Not sure where they're going with the Jon/Ygritte thing at the moment, but overall I think it's way better.

There is absolutely no way on earth that the TV series is better than the books.

I disagree. I think the series is much better personally.

Well I would, but I quite like it. Which I don't think is a crime.

I didn't say it was. I like it too, but I'm not going to sit and watch it without criticism. Man you're defensive.

Back