• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I've seen 3 episodes of Lie To Me and thought it a bit cack.

Either Americans are mostly retards that enjoy watching shite TV, or the TV Execs are clueless.

The only saving grace is that the canned shows are usually replaced by something else pretty decent.

Person Of Interest and Blue Bloods both renewed, that's lowered my blood pressure a bit more!

I've found a lot of them stumble on an idea, and just recycle it for multiple episodes, and in some examples, series. That's one of the main problems with Lie To Me. Way too repetitive.

I guess people still watch them.

The Mentalist is getting samey now.

I guess there's comfort in familiarity.

Terra Nova could have been a great show and they lined up season 2 to be really good.

Have to disagree about Terra Nova. I tried to like it, but after a while, I just couldn't stand it any longer. Abysmal programme!! Jurassic Park 90210 as it was labelled.

Should have been so much better. The original idea wasn't too bad.

Have to disagree about Terra Nova. I tried to like it, but after a while, I just couldn't stand it any longer. Abysmal programme!! Jurassic Park 90210 as it was labelled.

Should have been so much better. The original idea wasn't too bad.

I think that with the bi-directional contact with Earth and impending attack, it was going to improve massively.

Anyone seen any of '2 broke girls'?

Just had to endure a few episodes on 4od with my girlfriend, awful TV, really, just plain awful.

Anyone seen any of '2 broke girls'?

Just had to endure a few episodes on 4od with my girlfriend, awful TV, really, just plain awful.

I thought it was okay, but only because the two girls are quite fit and the chef is a dirty bastard. It's decent, cheap TV, although anything filmed in front of a studio audience is wank.

FYI - they're making season 2

I thought it was okay, but only because the two girls are quite fit and the chef is a dirty bastard. It's decent, cheap TV, although anything filmed in front of a studio audience is wank.

FYI - they're making season 2

Big Bang Theory is perfectly fine in front of a live audience.

I just hated the way all the jokes are emphasised, she couldn't just say the line, they must have been written in bold on her script or something.

She does look to have a pretty decent rack on her though.

Big Bang Theory is perfectly fine in front of a live audience.

I just hated the way all the jokes are emphasised, she couldn't just say the line, they must have been written in bold on her script or something.

She does look to have a pretty decent rack on her though.

There's some decent titty photos of her as well.

I quite liked Lie To Me, though never actively watched it. I saw a few round a mates while he was watching it. Tim Roth is excellent in it.

Mentalist the same, round a mates. I can't get on with the lead though. Smuggy McSmug.

2 Broke Girls is awful. New Girl is much better (Zooey Deschanel :luv: )

Don't Trust The Bitch In Apt 23 is decent and the bitch woman has a crackin' bod.

I quite liked Lie To Me, though never actively watched it. I saw a few round a mates while he was watching it. Tim Roth is excellent in it.

Mentalist the same, round a mates. I can't get on with the lead though. Smuggy McSmug.

2 Broke Girls is awful. New Girl is much better (Zooey Deschanel :luv: )

I saw a few episodes of New Girl a while ago, quite liked it, haven't seen it on for ages though.

I've watched four episodes of Homeland now and it's good. I like it a lot. Very intriguing and some good performances in it. Especially Claire Danes who's very good.

I've always liked Mandy Patinkin as well, ever since a long cancelled series called Dead Like Me which was about a group of people being grim reapers after they had died. Anyone else ever see that? Ellen Muth (massive wide mouth) was the lead and Laura Harris (she nice!) was in it as well.

Just starting Game of Thrones.

Emilia Clarke....

I've watched four episodes of Homeland now and it's good. I like it a lot. Very intriguing and some good performances in it. Especially Claire Danes who's very good.

I've always liked Mandy Patinkin as well, ever since a long cancelled series called Dead Like Me which was about a group of people being grim reapers after they had died. Anyone else ever see that? Ellen Muth (massive wide mouth) was the lead and Laura Harris (she nice!) was in it as well.

Mandy Patinkin was also the alien cop in Alien Nation...

Mandy Patinkin was also the alien cop in Alien Nation...
I'd just like to state for the record that I HATED The Princess Bride which he is also in. Pile of shite.

Anyway, just finished watching this week's GoT:

The Arya/Tywin scene was once again just brilliant. She's a great little actor to hold her own alongside Charles Dance and I look forward to their scene every week now. I hope she doesn't escape too soon!

What are people's feelings on the cast. Mostly it's brilliantly put together. All the Lannisters are great, as are the true-blooded Starks (Jon Snow too). However I do feel that Danerys probably could have been cast better. Emilia Clarke looks the part but I don't quite think she has the acting chops to hold her own with the rest of the brilliant cast. She's all a bit too much wide eyed staring and shouting for me.

I feel similar with Theon as well to be honest, though I don't even think he looks quite right for the part unlike Emilia. A bit bug-eyed and gap-toothy, plus a bit too shouty. Loving Finchy as his right-hand man though.

Last edited:
I remember Dead like Me.

i think I watch too much telly.

Me too. Since we're down this road, do you happen to remember a show called Wonderfalls? A bit quirky and only got one season before being cancelled. It was about a young woman who worked in a gift shop at Niagra Falls. When no-one else was around all the stuffed toys in the shop came to life and talked to her to and gave her advice about her personal problems. Bizarre premise but I quite liked it. I've still got the DVD somewhere.

Last edited:
Cancellations really annoy me. Jericho could have been top class given time. V, Caprica all stopped too soon

Back