• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I'd just like to state for the record that I HATED The Princess Bride which he is also in. Pile of shite.

Anyway, just finished watching this week's GoT:

The Arya/Tywin scene was once again just brilliant. She's a great little actor to hold her own alongside Charles Dance and I look forward to their scene every week now. I hope she doesn't escape too soon!

What are people's feelings on the cast. Mostly it's brilliantly put together. All the Lannisters are great, as are the true-blooded Starks (Jon Snow too). However I do feel that Danerys probably could have been cast better. Emilia Clarke looks the part but I don't quite think she has the acting chops to hold her own with the rest of the brilliant cast. She's all a bit too much wide eyed staring and shouting for me.

I feel similar with Theon as well to be honest, though I don't even think he looks quite right for the part unlike Emilia. A bit bug-eyed and gap-toothy, plus a bit too shouty. Loving Finchy as his right-hand man though.

She was a last minute replacement when another girl (Tamzin Merchant) dropped out.

Have to disagree about Terra Nova. I tried to like it, but after a while, I just couldn't stand it any longer. Abysmal programme!! Jurassic Park 90210 as it was labelled.

Should have been so much better. The original idea wasn't too bad.

Never bothered to watch it. I hear the second season of The Walking Dead is tough to get through, not got started on it yet.

I'd just like to state for the record that I HATED The Princess Bride which he is also in. Pile of shite.

Anyway, just finished watching this week's GoT:

The Arya/Tywin scene was once again just brilliant. She's a great little actor to hold her own alongside Charles Dance and I look forward to their scene every week now. I hope she doesn't escape too soon!

What are people's feelings on the cast. Mostly it's brilliantly put together. All the Lannisters are great, as are the true-blooded Starks (Jon Snow too). However I do feel that Danerys probably could have been cast better. Emilia Clarke looks the part but I don't quite think she has the acting chops to hold her own with the rest of the brilliant cast. She's all a bit too much wide eyed staring and shouting for me.

I feel similar with Theon as well to be honest, though I don't even think he looks quite right for the part unlike Emilia. A bit bug-eyed and gap-toothy, plus a bit too shouty. Loving Finchy as his right-hand man though.

I think Theon is brilliantly cast - especially the last few episodes where he's been a key character. Does the power hungry weak turncoat part very well. Still looks too much like his sister though!

My wife doesn't think much of Daenerys either. I think she's okay, but definitely not one of the better actors in the show.

I think the weakest cast character so far is Stannis. They've got his coldness right but he doesn't come across as strong as I think he should. And he should have a short, cropped beard.

Jaime was fantastic in last night's episode - a loveable shit if ever there was one.

Agree about the Tywin/Arya scenes - brilliant chemistry between the two of them.

Cancellations really annoy me. Jericho could have been top class given time. V, Caprica all stopped too soon

Yes, yes and yes. The next Battlestar Galactica has also been partially shelved and now looks to be a TV movie followed by an internet only digital series.

Watched the first episode of Prisoners of War last night. Really impressed, it seemed a lot more powerful than Homeland.

If it carries on and is half as good as Homeland, I'll love it.

Check out the trailer for NBC and JJ Abram's next Lost wannabe - Revolution:

Looks ok but you get the feeling with JJ Abrams that he likes his conspiracy in the background storylines too much.

A good premise means nothing. Anyone see Flash Forward. Good idea. Executed tediously. There's a reason Alcatraz was cancelled.

Alan Partridge returns with two 1 hour specials to be aired on Sky Atlantic

Plenty of tasty action and gore in this week's GoT! Our first major battle (Blackwater). Great CGI with the wildfire! That bit was awesome.

Looking forward to seeing that on Sky tonight. I remember first reading the Battle of Blackwater and thinking how cool it would look on screen.

Really looking forward to GoT tonight.

Another BRILLIANT episode of Mad Men too that I've just watched. Matthew Weiner is a goddamn genius this season.

I think I actually pity people who don't watch it!

My favourite episode of GoT so far - that explosion was CLASS. That scene was the one I was most looking forward to - it didn't disappoint.

Another BRILLIANT episode of Mad Men too that I've just watched. Matthew Weiner is a goddamn genius this season.

I think I actually pity people who don't watch it!

We'll get around to starting that soon. Holding off until GoT finishes, so that's only one more week.

Back