• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Anyone else think ISA (sic?) in Homeland looked exactly liked Brody's wife?

No, my schedule is pretty full for TV stuff. I also want to start watching Fringe, Breaking Bad S3 and Homeland.

Not quite in the same area as some of the other posts, but did anyone see 'The Sinking Of THe Concordia' on Ch 4 the other night?

Bloody stunning!
Every scrap of footage and film shown was from passengers phones and video cameras. Not a bit of 'reconstruction' footage.
Also included was 'footage' of the Italian coastguard Search & Rescue shouting at the Captain to 'Get back on the fucking ship and organise things, tell us exactly how many women, children and other people need help'.

The Captain replied from his lifeboat that he couldn't as 'The ship was listing heavily and .... it was dark!'
A huge row followed... Amazing.

Jesus! Apparently the Cruise Line wanted him as captain as he was 'a bit glitzy!' Well, he sure was, looking cool and well tanned in his fucking lifeboat as thousands were left on board to fen for themselves in the dark.

Some Americans asked where they were when they landed on this tiny island to be told by another American woman that they were in 'Nice, South of France'.

Yeah right. Only about a days sailing and about 250 miles out there then.

Was not aware of this!
Also, had to explain to a mate who recently watched Black Swan that Mila Kunis is Meg Griffin. Was amazed he didn't know.

Patrick Stewart in American dad is awesome!

I had no idea either, is just caught the end of an episode and noticed Andy Samberg in the titles, couldn't recall ever hearing him in it so I checked it out online and found out Malarky was Steve.

Extremely impressed with the casting in this series of Game of Thrones - Brienne and Balon are exactly how I'd imagined them, and they've managed to get Pyke and the Iron Islands absolutely spot on.

And Margaery Tyrell (Renly's queen) is fit. Tremendous scene last night. Can't wait for the next few weeks when it all starts to kick off!

Not sure if anyone has commented on this before, but just watched a programme on one of the documentary channels called 'World War II's Luckiest Man' about a man called Alistair Urquhart. Absolutely astonishing story - he survived a Japanese POW camp, near-starvation, torture, then sent over to Japan in the bottom of a ship which was pitch black and roasting hot - 5 days worth of this - the ship was then torpedoed. Almost everyone was killed except Alistair who managed to find a piece of driftwood. He then drifted for six days without food or water, enduring extreme temperatures both day and night - sharks surrounding him. He was then picked up by a ship - unfortunately for him a Japanese ship.

So he was sent to Nagasaki where he spent another year tending to Japanese soldiers' chamber pots. He was tending to his duties one day when he was knocked off his feet by what he thought was a freak gust of wind - it was the atomic bomb.

Even after Japan surrendered, he'd no idea the war was over and was kept in appalling conditions until he was finally liberated in September 1945.

Absolutely incredible. Will have to buy his book. http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Forgott...2571/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334660234&sr=8-1

Pft. When I were a lad I used to dream of that sort of life.

I suppose it's nothing compared to having to watch the Wolves this season. We've had it tough.

I think there was an article about him on the BBC website a few months back.

You've got to admire the guys will power, the locals sent out loads of leaflets saying the war was over so he'd stop killing their livestock and destroying their stuff but he saw it as enemy propaganda so decided to carry on doing his thing. I also like how the local police force couldn't catch him in all those years but a Japanese college drop out managed to find him in just 4 days.

Seems that 'not knowing the war was over' was a bit of a common thing in Japan, this guy sounds fucking insane...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hiroo_Onoda

Hiroo Onoda, never technically surrendered and was still actively fighting WWII in the 1970's.

Whenever my garden gets too overgrown, to this day I still use the line that there are Japanese soldiers still fighting WW2 down there...

So let's have a Sad-Off!! Just how much TV does everyone watch?

This is a complete list of the shows that I currently watch regularly without fail as soon as they air:

US Pace:

30 Rock
The Big Bang Theory
Beavis & Butthead (Yes it came back this year!!)
Boardwalk Empire
Breaking Bad
Chuck (Just finished in the US for good - Great fun show)
CSI
Eastbound & Down (just finished in the US for good - Kenny ******* Powers!!)
Eureka
Family Guy
Futurama
Game Of Thrones
How I Met Your Mother
Mad Men
New Girl
Two And A Half Men
True Blood
Warehouse 13
Weeds

UK Pace:

An Idiot Abroad
Celebrity Juice
Horizon
QI
Not Going Out
The Sky At Night
Top Gear

I've also just finished The Sopranos which was a brilliant 6 seasons of goodness. I also want to start watching:

Fringe
Homeland
Once Upon A Time

If you're talking current shows that may/may not be on at the moment, here goes:

Doctor Who
Game of Thrones
The Sopranos
Homeland
Alcatraz
Outnumbered
Eastbound and Down
Life's Too Short
Mock the Week
Argumental
Top Gear
True Blood
Treme
Spartacus
Match of the Day (obviously)
Football First (Wolves games - obviously)

Supernatural
South Park
Homeland

Finished Spartacus and The Walking Dead.

Game of Thrones
House
Friday Night Lights
The Big Bang Theory
Criminal Minds
Homeland

That's about it at the moment.

Earlier in this thread I slated Eastbound and Down. Anyway, I persevered and now wish to retract what I said. It was actually very good!

Alcatraz
Awake
Boardwalk Empire
Bones
Boss
Fairly Legal
Fringe
Grimm
Harry's Law
Luck
Magic City
Missing
NYC22
Person Of Interest
Rizzoli & Isles
Scandal
shameless
Spartacus
The Client List
The Firm
The Mentalist
The River
Touch
True Justice
Unforgettable
White Collar
The Finder
Suburgatory
Bent
The Middle
Best Friends Forever
Justified
SouthLAnd
South Park
The Simpsons
The Cleveland Show
Family Guy
Game Of Thrones
The Borgias

There are a few more I'd imagine, but the ones I've missed are the ones that I don't have any episodes to catch up on.

Good site ---> http://eztv.it/

Back