• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Band of Brothers FTW...

I've never watched all 10 in one go, but have watched them all in a weekend. And have watched every episode at least 10 times.

Carentan, The Breaking Point and Why We Fight are the standout episodes for me.

I've been up for a while and am on Episode 6.

6?!

I wouldn't have even got through 1 episode yet if it'd put it on as soon as i woke up!

Yes but you're a lazy bugger who thinks getting up at 10am is an 'early start'. ;)

I haven't been able to sleep so thought I'd make a start.

Yes but you're a lazy bugger who thinks getting up at 10am is an 'early start'. ;)

I haven't been able to sleep so thought I'd make a start.

9.45 i think you'll find! Bloody women, say they want to get up early to go shopping then i have to sit around best part of 2 hours whilst she gets ready.

I've watched Band of Brothers loads of times,from BBC2 to all the different satellite channels it's been on, i've got them on DVD.

'Not Band of Brothers again', was one of my Missus's favourite sayings a few years ago.

There isn't a Burger King at Bentley Bridge is there? McDonalds, KFC, Pizza Hut, Chiquito's are all i can think of.

No there isn't a BK at Bentley Bridge, they have the ones you mentioned plus Nando's.

The nearest BK I can think of is Willenhall by Staples and Blockbuster.

I may have to pick Dexter up on DVD.

I have Band Of Brothers on DVD.

To my mind it is the best TV series ever made. So good that it takes your breath away.

No there isn't a BK at Bentley Bridge, they have the ones you mentioned plus Nando's.

The nearest BK I can think of is Willenhall by Staples and Blockbuster.

I'd forgot about Nando's but then i'm not really a fan of the place.

I cant think of a BK thats closer to Wollverhampton than the one you mention, which seems a little odd, still doesn't make much sense that they gave up the store in the City centre.

Anyone on here watch American Dad?

If so did you know the son, Steve, is voiced by the actor that played Malarky in Band of Brothers?

Ron Livingston (Nixon in BoB) was in Game Change (see film thread). He hasn't aged as well as Damien Lewis!

Anyone on here watch American Dad?

If so did you know the son, Steve, is voiced by the actor that played Malarky in Band of Brothers?

Was not aware of this!
Also, had to explain to a mate who recently watched Black Swan that Mila Kunis is Meg Griffin. Was amazed he didn't know.

Patrick Stewart in American dad is awesome!

Finished Homeland at the weekend. Awesome. Cant wait until S2.

Really enjoying Homeland too - it improves every episode.

And Claire Danes is fit.

Homeland is ace. I thought it was way too slow at the start, but now I'm thoroughly hooked. Would like to see more of Brody's wife though who is also damn fine (but not a great actress).

Really enjoying Homeland too - took a while to get going but its a good watch.

New Girl isnt too bad either so far...

Heard of a new one soon called Awake which sounds pretty interesting

Awake's been going for a few weeks now in the US. Jason Isaccs starring.

Back