• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

The biggest miss at Burger King for me has to be my mate, when he had a season ticket with us he usually worked all day Saturday, he'd group his breaks together in the middle so he could get out for the game and we'd pick him up on the way, usually greeted with a free burger or something. Then if we ever had a bit of a piss up round someones house, if he was coming straight from work he'd bring loads of stuff with him, remember once he turned up with about 30 burgers, just the meat, no buns or anything, he didn't really think that one through.

XL double cheeseburger, usually ditch the bacon though.

XL Bacon Double Cheeseburger is my choice now. Plus the chips are miles better at Burger King.

I'm not a big fan of BK chips, i dont know what it is about them but i've never really been a fan.

Absolutely love them. I don't mind McDonalds chips but they are a little too white in colour. Got to cook them to get the crunch of BK chips. The worst in fast food available now (not including Wendy's Pantry (*shudders*)) have to be KFC. Anaemic and horrid. I just order extra bits of chicken there and forego the fries now.

I am also now starving. Bugger.

To kind of bring this back on topic....

Does anyone ever watch Man v Food ?

Oh yes. Great programme. The bloke is an absolute food animal and should weigh about thirty stone.

It's pretty amazing some of the stuff he puts away considering he's not actually that big, i remember one challenge that was something like a 12 egg omlette filled with chilli and cheese then covered in hash browns where he managed to out eat a guy that must have been at least twice his size. Then again i remember another episode where he was in the home town of one of those speed eating freaks and he ruined some huge burrito or something in about 90 seconds.

I prefer when he has a spicy challenge opposed to a bulk one though, his success rate with the fiery stuff isn't nearly as high.

It's pretty amazing some of the stuff he puts away considering he's not actually that big, i remember one challenge that was something like a 12 egg omlette filled with chilli and cheese then covered in hash browns where he managed to out eat a guy that must have been at least twice his size. Then again i remember another episode where he was in the home town of one of those speed eating freaks and he ruined some huge burrito or something in about 90 seconds.

I prefer when he has a spicy challenge opposed to a bulk one though, his success rate with the fiery stuff isn't nearly as high.

I'd like to see him try to eat a chili made with The Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango, also known as the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper...

The phall episode was rather amusing, but the best was the hot wings where he wasn't allowed to wipe the sauce off for five minutes while he burned. Laughed a lot at that!

I'd like to see him try to eat a chili made with The Merciless Pepper of Quetzalacatenango, also known as the Guatemalan Insanity Pepper...

I'm sure the wax in the mouth trick would see him through.

The phall episode was rather amusing, but the best was the hot wings where he wasn't allowed to wipe the sauce off for five minutes while he burned. Laughed a lot at that!

I remember he had one wings challenge where the guy had made the hot sauce using some ridiculous chilli extract, think he managed one bite before he just flipped out and went nuts, think he ended up pouring milk all over his face and locking himself in the freezer. He looked genuinely pissed off in that episode, like he wanted to punch the guy that had made him eat that stuff.

There are some great looking burgers on that show, I must admit. I get the hungries just thinking about it. Personally, I can't stand Burritos though, so the US is welcome to them.

Some of the 'normal' things he eats in the first part of the show look pretty good, when he's just going round the local diners and what not sampling their cuisine.

The catfish down in Louisana or wherever he was looked pretty good, i think there has only ever been one challenge he's done that i've felt confident i could have completed, he was up North somewhere like Wisconsin i think in a German restaurant and he had to eat a metre long sausage with two sides.

The restaurant in Denver with all the whacky steaks (mmmmm - yak, sounds interesting) looked good, and the burgers in pittsburgh and I think it was milwaukee looked unbelievably good. Plus the barbeque deep south ribs in louisiana made me drool.

The restaurant in Denver with all the whacky steaks (mmmmm - yak, sounds interesting) looked good, and the burgers in pittsburgh and I think it was milwaukee looked unbelievably good. Plus the barbeque deep south ribs in louisiana made me drool.

Some of the BBQ does look good, i remember one where the guy who owned the place had made his first BBQ as a teenager out of an old ammonia drum or something and it seemed like it had had some serious consequences on his mental well being.

I cant remember how i stumbled upon the program now but it seems to be on quite a few channels these days, i follow the guy on Twitter and i think he was over in the UK recently filming a similar series, though i think they may have members of the public doing the challenges now rather than Adam.

I found it on channel 260 on Virgin. UKTV Food or whatever it was called. I just find the programme pretty entertaining.

That might be where i first found it too, though i think its 249 or something on Sky, i'm surprised i dont find the guy more annoying to be honest.

Back