• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Well as I know what happens, I'm also interested in how it's adapted - something they've done really well. If I didn't think it was well done, I'd say so.

I am allowed to like it.

I'm not sure I'm interested in reading the books, although I reserve the right to change my mind if this series ends with a couple of cliff hangers! I don't know where I learnt them from, but I do know some of the plot from the book, such as what happens with Stark's youngest daughter.

You're certainly allowed to like, I just think calling the first episode excellent is going a bit far and leaves little wriggle room if it gets better!

FYI - TPB has EP02 up...

Last edited:
It's called opinion. And I stick by it.

Oh don't worry - I shall ritualistically flog myself between episodes.

Anyone like Keith Lemon. His new show starts Saturday called Lemonaid...

Watch GoT last night. Thought it was good.

Although not much really happened I got the feeling it was an episode to set up rest of the series. Easing you back in rather than shoving it all down ya without any lube.

On the subject of Game of Thrones, I read in the Guardian Guide at the weekend that when the people behind the making of the series first met with George Martin to pitch the programme to him, he asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was- basically suggesting that if they got it wrong they wouldn't get the gig. They obviously answered correctly. So who do you think it is (or has the question been answered in one of later books in which case don't say!)?

On the subject of Game of Thrones, I read in the Guardian Guide at the weekend that when the people behind the making of the series first met with George Martin to pitch the programme to him, he asked them who they thought Jon Snow's mother was- basically suggesting that if they got it wrong they wouldn't get the gig. They obviously answered correctly. So who do you think it is (or has the question been answered in one of later books in which case don't say!)?

I didn't know that! I have a theory - and no, it isn't mentioned in the book.

Lyanna Stark - Eddard's sister. Therefore, I don't think Eddard was his father - I think it was Robert Baratheon.

So he is the first in line to the throne? Makes sense

I don't think he would be because he'd still be a bastard - Robert and Lyanna were betrothed but not married.

Ah I see. Never thought of that.

I could be completely wrong of course!

As it isn't in the books I guess we won't find out?

It isn't in the first 5 books - it'll be revealed by the end of the series. Plenty happens to Jon (which of course I'm not going to tell you!), but the truth of his parentage isn't revealed. Yet.

Indeed. It gets better as it goes on - the third book is my favourite (split into 2 volumes). The latest is pretty fucking awesome too.

I didn't know that! I have a theory - and no, it isn't mentioned in the book.

Lyanna Stark - Eddard's sister. Therefore, I don't think Eddard was his father - I think it was Robert Baratheon.

Interesting. I thought Lyanna, but with Raegan Targaryen (sp?) as the father not Robert. Another possibility that crossed my mind was Ned Stark the father and Tywin Lannister's wife (not sure of her name) as the mother.

Back