• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I've got the sky + set up ready and 1500 words of an essay in my way before I can watch it. Game on!

The season finale of Waking Dead was fantastic....worth watching those last crappy episodes for.

I've loved every second of The Walking Dead, it's been fucking brilliant. The pisser was that the character who was introduced towards the end (the scene with Andrea) first appeared in The Walking Dead #19, I had three copies of that comic but sold them for £12 each last year. Because of her now appearing in the show they're fetching £80+ on eBay. What a bastard. Next season will be immense and much better than the first two.

I'll buy Homeland on DVD as I missed the first two and want to watch it all. Plus I got the Life On Mars box set through last week, can't wait to watch all of those again, phenomonal TV.

Life on Mars was ace. Really enjoyed it.

Just watch S02E01 of GoT....alright, I guess. Nothing spectacular.

Anybody watching Spartacus Vengeance?

Finished it today. It's brilliant.

I've still got a few more to get through but it's great fun.

And I'm even more delighted that there's going to be another series, I thought that was it!

Nah - it's been a massive hit. There was always going to be more.

Only 1400 words stand between me and GoT 2 tonight.

Likely-hood of me finishing = slim to none

100 words in 12 hours? Are you writing it in Serbo-Croat using your own ear wax?

Nope - I have been at work all day!

Uni work is saved for the night.

Without any spoilers how was GoT?

Much of the same story, characters. One extra disturbing character who marries his daughters, though. I think the first couple of episodes will set the scene for better stuff into the series.

Very VERY minor spoiler in white

Excellent - I really liked how they adapted it - a lot of the book has been cut and other sections expanded and moved forwards which helps the pace of the show (a lot of aimless wandering by Jon Snow and co in the book which is unnecessary - they're introduced at the most logical point.

Joffrey is even more of a shit (a good little actor actually) and thought they got Davos, Ser Dontos and particularly Melisandre absolutely spot on.

Excellent - I really liked how they adapted it - a lot of the book has been cut and other sections expanded and moved forwards which helps the pace of the show (a lot of aimless wandering by Jon Snow and co in the book which is unnecessary - they're introduced at the most logical point.

Joffrey is even more of a shit (a good little actor actually) and thought they got Davos, Ser Dontos and particularly Melisandre absolutely spot on.

Let's be honest though, you're a bit of a fan boy. If Ep01 was an hour of the author having a wankathon on screen you'd have called it excellent. It was good, but nowhere near excellent.

Well as I know what happens, I'm also interested in how it's adapted - something they've done really well. If I didn't think it was well done, I'd say so.

I am allowed to like it.

Back