• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Im 4 episodes into Homeland - suffice to say the quality doesnt dip like with a lot of programmes once they get beyond the pilot.

Ep5 is the best so far. I've struggled to get excited about it until now, so 6-12 might be watched tomorrow.

Last edited:
Bought the Game of Thrones box set today.

Never seen it before so looking forward to getting a couple of episodes in tonight

Cool - I'm hoping the postman delivered my Blu ray box set today.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it Jack - hope you enjoy it!

Cool - I'm hoping the postman delivered my Blu ray box set today.

I'll be interested to hear your thoughts on it Jack - hope you enjoy it!

My favourite line so far:

I would let his whole tribe fuck you, all 40,000 men and their horses :icon_lol:

That actor plays utter shits extremely well!

Did anyone else see the new episode of Eastbound and Down the other night? Absolutely genius. :icon_lol:

Certainly did. Love that show.

Ep5 is the best so far. I've struggled to get excited about it until now, so 6-12 might be watched tomorrow.

The last episode i saw (4 maybe - is that where the tv is up to?) was the best one - I'd been struggling with it up to then as well.

Opinions and all that.

Despite everyone thinking otherwise, I'm not going to continue with The Wire after series 1 has finished because I've found it extremely dull.

Not a bad show, but it's totally failed to grip me to the point where it's a struggle to watch it once a week.

Can't win them all I suppose.

Also - I watched the opening episode of Alcatraz last night which I though was pretty decent. I can see myself enjoying it as the series progresses.

I've just found it too gritty, but not that exciting. Very 'meh'.

I wanted to like it but just can't.

Like I said - I know I'm in the minority.

Despite everyone thinking otherwise, I'm not going to continue with The Wire after series 1 has finished because I've found it extremely dull.

Not a bad show, but it's totally failed to grip me to the point where it's a struggle to watch it once a week.

This confirms what I began to suspect from your comments about The Big Bang Theory- you have no clue on how to evaluate good TV. And I say that with love...

This confirms what I began to suspect from your comments about The Big Bang Theory- you have no clue on how to evaluate good TV. And I say that with love...

I do, I just don't get the same things out of them as others do.

The Wire - probably very good, just not my thing. I can see why others enjoy it.

I stand by my opinion that The Inbetweeners is absolutely fucking dreadful though.

Haven't read all 13 pages of the thread, but any fans of Breaking Bad? I reckon it's close to genius.

I also love The Sopranos. Currently powering my way through S6. There's 21 episodes!

I watched up to S3 of Breaking Bad last year but just can't get the urge to stick it on again. It's very slow paced I find.

I also watch 30 Rock, New Girl, Big Bang Theory, New Girl, How I Met Your Mother and Two & A Half Men for my comedy fix.

Looking forward to Mad Men and Game Of Thrones starting again very soon.

What have you all thought to Homelands?

I'm really enjoying it, and cannot believe how little Damien Lewis has aged since Band of Brothers which was made over a decade ago!

What have you all thought to Homelands?

I'm really enjoying it, and cannot believe how little Damien Lewis has aged since Band of Brothers which was made over a decade ago!

I like it, starting to get a few more twists and things coming into it now too as the situation develops.

Cant believe BoB is over 10 years old, i'd still say its my favourite TV series ever.

Back