• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

From The Day Today, definitely NSFW:

Brilliant! :clap:
Haven't seen that in years!

Steve Coogans sports comms were good on it too, and I always found the female presenter who also guested in Brass Eye to be very sexy.....
The Brass Eye series and Special sits proudly on top of my DVD collection

I "find" 720p rips of episodes the day after they air in the US, then stream them to my media player.

P.S House Of Lies is supposed to be decent and a bit saucy. It has Kristen Bell in it.

It's alright, no sign of Krisen Bell's tits yet.

The Finder is good, as are Southland, Justified, Hell On Wheels, Boss, Harry's Law, Homeland, The Firm, Unforgettable, Person Of Interest, Prime Suspect US and a few other's I can't remember at the moment.

I don't know where you all find the time to watch all of this stuff. I still haven't finished 24 season eight yet.

Having said that I have watched all of The Walking Dead so far, it starts again next Friday on FX at 10pm.

Quick heads up; Friday Night Lights starts on Sky Atlantic on Tuesday at 8pm. It's a really brilliant series, even for those people who aren't into football American style I'd highly recommend it. Some absolutely outstanding performances in it. Really worth watching.

Brief synopsis?

I couldn't do it justice, really:

Small town in Texas where the High School football team are the big deal. New coach arrives with family. It's based around the key figures of the coach, his wife and daughter, a couple of the players on the team and various townsfolk. It's brilliantly told drama, with some American Football thrown in.

If you've liked films like Remember the Titans or Coach Carter you'll definitely like it. If you like well acted, well written drama you'll like it anyway.

I'll try it purely because the output of Sky Atlantic is excellent.

I'll try it purely because the output of Sky Atlantic is excellent.

I'd rate it as up there with their best. I watched the first 2 series on ITV and some of the 3rd series but they just stopped showing it halfway through series 3.

Are they starting it from the beginning?

From Wiki:

"Friday Night Lights is an American sports drama television series adapted by Peter Berg, Brian Grazer and David Nevins from a book and film of the same name. The series details events surrounding a high school football team from a fictional town called Dillon: a small, closely-knit community in rural Texas. Particular focus is given to team coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler) and his family. The show uses this small town backdrop to address many issues facing contemporary American culture, including school funding, racism, drugs, abortion, and lack of economic opportunities."

It has had 46 Emmy nominations.

Anyone seen the 2 episodes of Luck, that have been shown so far. It's a bit dull right now, but I think it's got potential.

Anybody watching University Challenge? That lad Janes from Clare- Cambridge has the look of a Serial Killer about him?

I quite enjoyed 'Homeland' on C4 last night. Damien Lewis (from Band of Brothers) and Claire Danes the main stars (I've always had a bit of a thing for Claire Danes since My So Called Life). Pretty much sucked into the plot right from the start. It's got the potential to be a superior '24'.

I quite enjoyed 'Homeland' on C4 last night. Damien Lewis (from Band of Brothers) and Claire Danes the main stars (I've always had a bit of a thing for Claire Danes since My So Called Life). Pretty much sucked into the plot right from the start. It's got the potential to be a superior '24'.

I watched it too, mainly on the basis that Damien Lewis was in it, sounds like a good story line, can already see a potential twist too. Hope the rest of the series lives up to the promise.

Anybody watching University Challenge? That lad Janes from Clare- Cambridge has the look of a Serial Killer about him?

Words I honestly never thought I'd read on here...

Interesting. May have to check this out. Loved 24 - first 2 series were awesome.

Just buzzed off watching Whitechapel. This is a great series.

Words I honestly never thought I'd read on here...

Ha ha. Not a regular watcher, but this guy had me hooked.

Langdale will be happy to know Manchester Uni won.

Im 4 episodes into Homeland - suffice to say the quality doesnt dip like with a lot of programmes once they get beyond the pilot.

Homeland is supposed to be very good. Already been up for plenty of awards.

Back