• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watched the first few episodes of The Wire and whilst not immediately gripping, I have the feeling it'll start being rather addictive as the story progresses.

Anyway - the main event is April 2nd at 9pm on Sky Atlantic. Series 2 of Game of Thrones. Cannot WAIT.

Trust me, The Wire gets better and better. It tends not to be reliant on action, just on supremely brilliant storytelling and characterisation.

Also looking forward to Spartacus tomorrow!

Did anyone just see God Bless Ozzy Osbourne on BBC2 a few minutes ago? Absolutely brilliant documentary about his long road to sobriety, made by his son and including lots of interviews and footage that have never been seen before.

It was fantastic. Made me think a bit too as I tend to have my problems with the bottle.

I didn't see the Ozzy programme but i did se the programme before it, Toughest place to be a bin man (Or something like that)
Was rather interesting, next week some dude who is a fisherman by trade fishies for a living off the coast of Siera Leone...nice!

Have been watching Justified, having caught the pilot repeated on 5* a couple of weeks back. Some very good performances, particularly from Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood) as the lead Rayland Givens and Walton Goggins (the Shield) as his former friend now nemesis Boyd Crowder. Its based on a short story from Elmore Leonard and has a good mix of stories of the week an an ongoing series arc. It's now into its 3rd series in the States with the 2nd supposedly even better than the 1st.

brought a whole new meaning to the term absolutely shit-faced

Like it Paddy, like it!

I remember watching The Osbournes about 10 years ago, and that scene where Sharon says - "Why have we got two brown fingers Oz?", and it takes him about a decade to mumble " I....I was dying moi......hair...."

That was a scene where it showed just how much the lights were on but there was absolutely no-one home.
He's a changed man, fair play to him

Like it Paddy, like it!

I remember watching The Osbournes about 10 years ago, and that scene where Sharon says - "Why have we got two brown fingers Oz?", and it takes him about a decade to mumble " I....I was dying moi......hair...."

That was a scene where it showed just how much the lights were on but there was absolutely no-one home.
He's a changed man, fair play to him

The best thing i remember from The Osbournes was when Ozzy through something through their neighbours window.

I think the guy next door had been pissing them off making too much noise, Sharon was complaining and Ozzy tottered off out into the garden, grabbed whatever it was and threw it over the fence through the guys window. He came back in and Sharon was asking him if he'd sorted it or something, he just replied with some mumbling about smashing his window and sat back down to watch the TV or something.

The best thing i remember from The Osbournes was when Ozzy through something through their neighbours window.

I think the guy next door had been pissing them off making too much noise, Sharon was complaining and Ozzy tottered off out into the garden, grabbed whatever it was and threw it over the fence through the guys window. He came back in and Sharon was asking him if he'd sorted it or something, he just replied with some mumbling about smashing his window and sat back down to watch the TV or something.

It was a big joint of ham or something! Remember that, but also remember finding out that it just landed in the neighbours garden, the smashing sound was dubbed in by crafty editors.

It was a big joint of ham or something! Remember that, but also remember finding out that it just landed in the neighbours garden, the smashing sound was dubbed in by crafty editors.

I just loved his nonchalant attitude to doing something so strange, just strolled out and came back to what he was doing as though he'd just gone to let the dogs out or something, shame he didn't actually break the window though.

Was that the same joint of ham that Sharon had earlier likened to the neighbours wifes c**t?

I just loved his nonchalant attitude to doing something so strange, just strolled out and came back to what he was doing as though he'd just gone to let the dogs out or something, shame he didn't actually break the window though.

Was that the same joint of ham that Sharon had earlier likened to the neighbours wifes c**t?

Correct. That was a pretty awful thing to say......

I had been to see the Irish leg of Ozzfest that very day, and got home around midnight, and my Mum came down and asked how it was etc etc,
Then the show came on so she sat down with me and watched a bit as Ozzy's doddering around made her laugh and then Sharon said that.......
My Mum got up and left immediately, she detests the 'C' word

Last edited:
Correct. That was a pretty awful thing to say......

I had been to see the Irish leg of Ozzfest that very day, and got home around midnight, and my Mum came down and asked how it was etc etc,
Then the show came on so she sat down with me and watched a bit as Ozzy's doddering around made her life and then Sharon said that.......
My Mum got up and left immediately, she detests the 'C' word

Their family was just insane, was it Jacks mate that came to live with them for a bit in one series? When he was there, being normal, it made you realise just how nuts the Osbournes were, he was like the control group in some mental social experiment.

Have been watching Justified, having caught the pilot repeated on 5* a couple of weeks back. Some very good performances, particularly from Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood) as the lead Rayland Givens and Walton Goggins (the Shield) as his former friend now nemesis Boyd Crowder. Its based on a short story from Elmore Leonard and has a good mix of stories of the week an an ongoing series arc. It's now into its 3rd series in the States with the 2nd supposedly even better than the 1st.

Just about to watch S1E10. It's a decent show.

Has anybody been watching Suits? Not exactly a ground breaking concept (extremely gifted youngster stumbles into job at big law firm and strikes up mentorship with senior partner) but it's got some good humour to it, and as with any legal comedy/drama there's the potential for some good individual stories. I've only seen the first episode to date, have the rest on Sky+.

The first 2 episodes of Whitechapel were good; the last ten minutes of the second episode had me holding my breath, certainly!

Suits looked to have an interesting premise but as it is onTuesday nights I've been unable to watch it. Currently watching Borgen on iplayer which is proving to be a mildly entertaining diversion.

Is that the one where he memorised the books on the bar, but knows shit about actually being a lawyer?

Suits - have caught excerpts/bits. Seems to have a decent sense of humour.

The first whitechapel series was awesome. The second series with the kray legend was good, but not great.

This third series is a proper return to form.

Back