• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

I've been a bit disappointed in Homeland. I like the idea but it's really ponderous. The last episode had a bit more going on so I'll keep watching in the hope it picks up from here. Someone really needs to blow something up though.

I like it, starting to get a few more twists and things coming into it now too as the situation develops.

Cant believe BoB is over 10 years old, i'd still say its my favourite TV series ever.

Definitely one of mine. Amazing TV.

BoB is my definite favourite.

Game of Thrones is also brilliant, finished the first series on DVD, I am now listening to the audio book of GoT and I am eagerly awaiting series 2 in a couple of weeks!

I'm re-reading A Clash of Kings at the moment because I've finished all the books and can't remember what key events happen in which books!

I knew about that at 11:18 this morning.

I love how you respond to the name Geeky-Nerdison

Opinions and all that.

Despite everyone thinking otherwise, I'm not going to continue with The Wire after series 1 has finished because I've found it extremely dull.

Not a bad show, but it's totally failed to grip me to the point where it's a struggle to watch it once a week.

Can't win them all I suppose.

Also - I watched the opening episode of Alcatraz last night which I though was pretty decent. I can see myself enjoying it as the series progresses.

Saywhat???
The Wire is the greatest show ever!....you must watch the other seasons....it gets better and better...trust me.

New Jason Issacs series is really good....'Awake' he survives a car crash and lives 2 worlds...one where his wife died and one where his son died.

Watched all of Homeland first season....also gets a lot better towards the end...Claire Danes is superb in it.

The season finale of Waking Dead was fantastic....worth watching those last crappy episodes for.

Alcatraz....trying and trying to like this but after 11 episodes theres tooooo many plot holes in it....for instance...some of these 60's inmates kill again in 2012, so how do they explain to a grieving family member that they cant tell them anything about the killer?...the family would want to know!.

Saywhat???
The Wire is the greatest show ever!....you must watch the other seasons....it gets better and better...trust me.

New Jason Issacs series is really good....'Awake' he survives a car crash and lives 2 worlds...one where his wife died and one where his son died.

Watched all of Homeland first season....also gets a lot better towards the end...Claire Danes is superb in it.

The season finale of Waking Dead was fantastic....worth watching those last crappy episodes for.

Alcatraz....trying and trying to like this but after 11 episodes theres tooooo many plot holes in it....for instance...some of these 60's inmates kill again in 2012, so how do they explain to a grieving family member that they cant tell them anything about the killer?...the family would want to know!.

Same here. Part of the problem for me is that I really don't like the character played by Sam Neill. I've managed 6 episodes so far.

I'm going to give Awake a go over the next couple of evenings and finish Homeland and Walking Dead off as well.

Anyone watch the new episode of Mad Men? Zoo bee zoo zoo bee zoo!!

Anyone been watching 'One Night' on BBC1? Not a completely original concept, but it has still been pretty good so far IMO.

Just seen an advert for "Land of the Lost Wolves" starting on BBC1 next Thursday. Surprised to see it's not a documentary following around Terry Conner.

It airs in America tonight - Sky Atlantic tomorrow night.

Back