• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Master of None. First season was OK but never really found its feet. Funny enough but lacking cohesion. I've just finished watching the second season and it's so much better. Absolutely brilliant.

Master of None. First season was OK but never really found its feet. Funny enough but lacking cohesion. I've just finished watching the second season and it's so much better. Absolutely brilliant.

I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes of this and didn't think it was up to much at all.

Anyway, I'm halfway through season 2 of Narcos and it's overtaken Peaky Blinders as the best box set I've seen on Netflix thus far. Absolutely superb, great for binge watching, fantastic performances all over the show (the dude playing Pablo Escobar is perfect - has that Tony Soprano style menace but still somehow likeable when in his family environment), perfect pacing and plenty of action. An absolute must see.

I only saw the first 2 or 3 episodes of this and didn't think it was up to much at all.

Anyway, I'm halfway through season 2 of Narcos and it's overtaken Peaky Blinders as the best box set I've seen on Netflix thus far. Absolutely superb, great for binge watching, fantastic performances all over the show (the dude playing Pablo Escobar is perfect - has that Tony Soprano style menace but still somehow likeable when in his family environment), perfect pacing and plenty of action. An absolute must see.

Honestly, it's worth sticking with to season 2. It's so much better. Or even just jump straight to season 2.

Narcos I got about halfway through season 2 and then kind of forgot about it. Might need to pick it up again.

I've watched a few of season one of Narcos and it's class, really well done stuff. Me and the missus are watching Ozark as well and that's some quality viewing too.

Dat random threesome. RIP Meechum.

Not long re-watched Peep Show and now doing Arrested Development again, both top 10 ever I reckon.

I've watched a few of season one of Narcos and it's class, really well done stuff. Me and the missus are watching Ozark as well and that's some quality viewing too.

Just getting into season 3 of Narcos, loved the first 2. Ozark I enjoyed, ruthless at times and funny I found.

New Star Trek series on Netflix next week!

Seth McFarlane's new Star Trek parody The Orville started last weekend too. It was alright for a first episode.

Electric Dreams on Channel 4 Sunday. An anthology of Philip K Dick short stories, first one, The Hood Maker, was pretty good I thought.

Electric Dreams on Channel 4 Sunday. An anthology of Philip K Dick short stories, first one, The Hood Maker, was pretty good I thought.

I was a bit meh about it, tbh. Just wan't very engaging or gripping. Decent story, and all the modern day messages had been adapted pretty well, but I just didn't care about any of the characters or what happened to them. I think they tried to cram too much story in an hour.

Just watched a cool thing on C4, Elctric Dreams: Impossible Planet, based on a short story by Philip K. Dick. Really nicely done.

The Vietnam War documentary on BBC4 last night was brilliant. A proper old-style doc including interviews with survivors from both sides and amazing archive footage. I learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't previously known. There's going to 10 hours of it so it's really in depth. Apparently the version shown in the States was 18 hours long, we've got the abridged one.

Got the last episode of Ozark to watch tonight. Really enjoyed this one, and hoping there's a second series in the future.

The Vietnam War documentary on BBC4 last night was brilliant. A proper old-style doc including interviews with survivors from both sides and amazing archive footage. I learned a lot of stuff that I hadn't previously known. There's going to 10 hours of it so it's really in depth. Apparently the version shown in the States was 18 hours long, we've got the abridged one.

Cheers for pointing me at this as didn't spot it initially.

Caught up with it via iPlayer last night. Done well & a lot I know now that I didn't then (whilst I was a callow youth at that time was almost of an age that I could have been out there if I had been a citizen of the USA)

A bit of an odd one, but I was at a bit of a loose end last night and didn't fancy gaming so I put on Outnumbered. I last saw it before I came a dad - parenting has completely ruined it for me! :icon_lol:

I couldn't watch it for long - I just wanted them to control the middle child. The daughter still made me laugh, but not a chance either of my kids would get away with the behaviour of that little boy. And yes, I know it's not real but I guess it's too close to home for me these days!

A bit of an odd one, but I was at a bit of a loose end last night and didn't fancy gaming so I put on Outnumbered. I last saw it before I came a dad - parenting has completely ruined it for me! :icon_lol:

I couldn't watch it for long - I just wanted them to control the middle child. The daughter still made me laugh, but not a chance either of my kids would get away with the behaviour of that little boy. And yes, I know it's not real but I guess it's too close to home for me these days!

Yes, but it's completely ineffectual Dad in that - I'm sure that you are not as bad as that Langer's :icon_smile:

Back