• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Hmm I think I'll pass thanks. I generally don't like cheap shitty quiz shows, never mind one presented by a complete basket case.

Sadly I missed Shafted (hosted by Kilroy!) as I was living in Hamburg at the time. It sounded batshit. This is on that kind of level. You kind of need to see it to see how bad it is.

Edmonds is definitely a basket case, his views on cancer are incredible.

Watched Kilroy's 'Shafted' once just to see how awful it was

Totally cringeworthy, but funny (especially if recorded & after having a drink or two)

Just watched the documentary about Amanda Knox.

Very interesting indeed - and features 'input' from the slimiest piece of $#@! masquerading as a journalist I think I've ever seen. Who was working for the Daily Mail. Shock, I know.

Worth a watch.
fucking eck, just watching this..what an odious fucking scumbag that " journalist" is.

As you know, I don't really watch TV. But I got tipped off about Noel Edmonds' new vehicle "Cheap Cheap Cheap" on C4 earlier.

If you want to watch the most eyescratchingly awful "quiz show" (I'm not sure it's even that) - yes, worse than Babushka - ever, in the world, then have a look. In fact it is one of the worst programmes I have ever seen of any description.
Just put it on. I feel you need to be pissed or on drugs to tolerate it.

Watched ep.1 of Mr Mercedes last night starring Brendon Gleeson. Very good, hope the rest of the series is as good.

Anyone else watch 'The State' last night? I did purely because of the furore that it had had after the incident in Barcelona

Not sure what to make of it yet - misguided, sanitised view, or realistic given that the main participants are likely to realise that the reality is very different to what they were told it would be, or badly researched? (plus had to put subtitles on to understand what was being said)

I spent the last two evenings catching up with The Handmaid's Tale. Best thing I've watched for ages. Disturbing, appalling, tense and sexy in equal measure. Beautiful to look at and brilliantly acted. Most disturbing is the fact that everything that happens in it has genuinely happened at some point somewhere.

Valkyrien

Just go onto All4 and watch the series (even if you don't normally like sub titles).

Its brilliant.

Valkyrien

Just go onto All4 and watch the series (even if you don't normally like sub titles).

Its brilliant.

Ah, fucking hell - that explains it. We watched the first episode last week and really liked it, but didn't realise the rest of the series had to watched on All4! Cheers for the post.

Half & Catch Fire season 4 on Amazon Prime. Top stuff.

Over the bank holiday, I binge watched the first 2 series of Peaky Blinders, having never seen it before. So many people have raved about it so I thought it only fair to give it a try.

It's fantastic - really stylish, some great characters, a gripping story and even Nick Cave singing the theme tune!

I've got to admit that its worth the hype.

Agree with that langers, I thought it was excellent, just a shame series 3 isn't on Netflix

I thought Peaky Blinders was a grind, I only stuck it out for Tom Hardy but even he didn't light it up. Terrible accents as well.

I thought Hardy was brilliant in it. Scenes with him and Cillian Murphy are really entertaining!

The accents aren't great but I forgot about them after about 3 episodes. It's strong enough in other areas to get away with it.

Just started watching Ray Donovan from the start. It is fucking awesome!
Finally another Ray Donovan fan. The new season has also just begun. By then you'll have had enough of his missus Abby and her accent.

Started trying again with Suits last night, tried it when it first came out but couldn't get into it.

I'm about a season behind. Dragged on a bit.

We were stuck for something to watch so have just finished the first series of Broadchurch as I remember it getting good reviews on here. I also seem to remember the 2nd series getting a bit of criticism, is it worth sticking with?

Back