• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

VEEP. Funniest thing that's ever come out of America, bar none.

I am watching "Sarah Payne, a Mothers story" It is heartbreaking to see the torment that her family went through.

I can't watch stuff like that. It really upsets me.

Catching up with Fargo

Watched Season 2 - Which was just ace. So many good performances in the season. Brutal and in places very funny. Kirsten Dunst played her role superbly. The only slight disapointment was the final episode which seemed to drift a little after the brilliant 9th episode.

About 6 into Season 3, nowhere near Season 2 but still enjoyable. Ewan McGregor is good but David Thewlis is the stand out.

I've enjoyed season 3 more than 2, tbh.

Same, I enjoyed the one with fat Todd in the most I think, then the one with Bilbo in and then this one.

A lot goes on in that place huh.

I didn't really rate season 2, not sure why. Haven't started season 3 yet.

Sorry to clog up another thread, but on BBC2 now is "World War One remembered: Passchendaele." And the Harry Patch story is just amazing.

First picture from Red Dwarf XII. Where they all get turned into mechanoids like Kryten. Looks fun.

final_v3a1239.jpg

Ozark on Netflix - well worth a watch, really good and reminiscent of breaking bad.

I nearly fell off my couch when I saw that Bateman himself directed the pilot.

I've been enjoying the Beeb's coverage of the athletics this week. There's still a massive over-emphasis on British athletes to the exclusion of everything else during races - last night's focus on Laura Muir while barely ever mentioning the winner was particularly bad. And not to get too Alan about it, there's a slightly unpleasant trend to ignore African distance runners no matter how good they are in favour of talking about white Brits, Americans and other non-Africans - particularly in the distance events.

However, the studio discussions have been excellent. They've done away with the Claire Balding mateyness in favour of some proper analysis of issues like drugs and the Caster Semenya thing. Michael Johnson, Steve Cram and Paula Radcliffe are all excellent. Intelligent, knowledgeable and able to get their point across in an engaging way. And Gaby Logan is a very good host. And the race commentaries, the points above notwithstanding, have added a lot of excitement. Just need to stop Steve Backley saying "another big effort" for everything in the field events. His co-commentator Tony Minichello has been very good though - really knowledgeable.

Just watched the documentary about Amanda Knox.

Very interesting indeed - and features 'input' from the slimiest piece of shit masquerading as a journalist I think I've ever seen. Who was working for the Daily Mail. Shock, I know.

Worth a watch.

As you know, I don't really watch TV. But I got tipped off about Noel Edmonds' new vehicle "Cheap Cheap Cheap" on C4 earlier.

If you want to watch the most eyescratchingly awful "quiz show" (I'm not sure it's even that) - yes, worse than Babushka - ever, in the world, then have a look. In fact it is one of the worst programmes I have ever seen of any description.

Hmm I think I'll pass thanks. I generally don't like cheap shitty quiz shows, never mind one presented by a complete basket case.

Back