• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Easily the best I've seen, right up there with GoT and The Shield. Amazing TV.

As good as, if not better, than the wire and Deadwood for me - and I really love the wire.

I found the first seasons or two a little bit slow personally, but the rest was brilliant.

I only watched the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad. I must get back to it.

Then once you've finished there's two seasons of Better Call Saul.

I only watched the first 2 seasons of Breaking Bad. I must get back to it.

Yeah, you have to! Just this minutes finished series 4 and it's been the absolute crescendo of the whole show so far.

For those that haven't seen Mr Robot it starts on Syfy at 11 tonight. It's brilliant.

Like Langers I've only done 2 series of Breaking Bad. I really just get back to it.

Then watch them all again, they're even better.
I haven't got enough time to watch new stuff let alone rewatch things I've already seen. As much as I'd like to!!

For those that haven't seen Mr Robot it starts on Syfy at 11 tonight. It's brilliant.

I might start watching season 2 tonight, two episodes on Amazon already. Good stuff.

I haven't got enough time to watch new stuff let alone rewatch things I've already seen. As much as I'd like to!!

I've only managed season one again to be fair. There is too much other stuff to watch.

Just finished Stranger Things on Netflix. I'm not normally one to binge watch as you lose some of the anticipation of the next episode watching back to back, but this hooked me.

"This thrilling Netflix-original drama stars award-winning actress Winona Ryder as Joyce Byers, who lives in a small Indiana town in 1983 -- inspired by a time when tales of science fiction captivated audiences. When Joyce's 12-year-old son, Will, goes missing, she launches a terrifying investigation into his disappearance with local authorities. As they search for answers, they unravel a series of extraordinary mysteries involving secret government experiments, unnerving supernatural forces, and a very unusual little girl."

There's a very deliberate hint of Stephen King about it, especially with the 80s setting, whilst some have dubbed it 'Tween Peaks'. A little bit of Insidious in there too. I found it thoroughly enjoyable, with David Harbour as Chief Hopper the stand out performance.

I've just watched the first episode coincidentally. Seems decent.

I might start watching season 2 tonight, two episodes on Amazon already. Good stuff.

What do you think Booz? I've watched the first 3 now and I still think it's some of the best TV I've seen. Captivating character study.

What do you think Booz? I've watched the first 3 now and I still think it's some of the best TV I've seen. Captivating character study.

Haven't started it yet mate, I finished off Bosch season one first just to get it out the way. I want to watch The Living & The Dead as well before it goes off iPlayer so I may wait a week for Mr Robot and binge watch. I'll be sure to let you know though, if it's anywhere near as good as season one it'll be quality.

Nodded off in the recliner & woke to a programme on Channel 4 called 'Naked Attraction' where people select a date from 5 naked people (who are revealed from the bottom up) & eliminated one by one by the selectee who then strips off him/herself

I know its channel 4, but one of the more surreal wakenings I have had

I always used to wake up to Central jobfinder years ago, it was always the same job as well :)

Came in to find the girls watching some programme about filthy rich young people with instagram accounts. Fuc. King. Hell. Frankly, the sooner global warming wipes our species off the planet the better.
I pulled rank and turned over to a BBC4 documentary about the Somme. That'll learn 'em.

Back