• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Goggle Box Thread

Watching Top Gear now to see what all the fuss is about. Its fine, can't understand the panning its getting.

I think Evans is well suited to the role TBH.

I like Chris Evans in it. I just can't stand his voice when narrating the laps.

Not that bad. The ginger geek was trying too hard in my opinion. Give him a few more shows to bed in and he will be fine. Great debut from Matt.

I hadn't realised that Wentworth Prison is back for its 4th season.

So I watched the first 4 episodes back to back on Kodi last night. I bloody love that show.

Just seen Top Gear, I didn't think it was that bad, quite enjoyed it. Made a refreshing change not to have to listen to that twats voice.

What have they got on there this time? The Bismarck one I always meant to get around to watching.

So far I've watched one about the Eagle's Nest/Obersalzburg and how Hitler decided that the Channel Islands would be a key point in the war and fortified them thusly. I mean, every megalomaniac dictator needs a 51-ton gun on top of a 40-ton concrete mounting platform don't they?

Where are you watching it? (As in what channel/means - not what room in your house etc).

The Channel Islands stuff is fascinating. The occupation and subsequent fortifications (Atlantic Wall), war tunnels essentially tied up a hell of a lot of German resources for a project that was never used or threatened. The British government was quite happy for all this civils work to progress.

There is still a lot of evidence on the CIs to this day.

It's on National Geographic Langers. You can find them on catch up too.

The Channel Islands stuff is absolutely bonkers, case in point being when all they could do was watch their comrades being blown to smithereens just across the water during D-Day. Also, the much-vaunted mutually-supportive system which should have eradicated any chance of attack failed its one and only test shortly after when a British ship shelled them. Similarly, they had great defences for the Eagle's Nest/Obersalzburg with just the one tiny flaw: They all faced down the valley. Quelle surprise then when the Allies flew over the top of them and from behind.

I must watch it. Sadly I do not know as much about the Second World War as I should.

Just watched EP1 of Preacher. Very, very good.

Yeah it will only get better. That was a tame little warmup compared to the things that will be happening if the comics are anything to go by.

Dont know anything about the comics, but the scene on the plane was cracking.

New top gear was really good this weekend, particularly enjoyed the McLaren part.

Dont know anything about the comics, but the scene on the plane was cracking.

That didn't appear in the comics, Cassidy's introduction was much more low key. It was a great scene though, as was the follow-up when he asked the cow for a kiss.

Did anybody catch the first episode of Wayward Pines season 2 last night? Looks like it could be decent, I couldn't see how it would go after season 1 with the majority of the leading roles having been killed off.

I've got it recorded on the sky box. I can't actually remember how series 1 ended though!

Mr Robot S1 coming to Universal Channel in July.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, it is well worth it. Think of it as a David Fincher style show based on computer hacking, corporate greed and personal demons. Sort of Fight Club meets Sneakers/Hackers.

Back